• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM 735-745-751 alignment

KG6YGE

Dec 14, 2012
Anyone here go through aligning their receive sides of these radios? Athough my 745 is working very well, and is more sensitive on 11 meters than my TRC 458 realistic, I haven't done anything to it except verify the PLL lock voltages for the different bands. They were about 0.07 v off. Tried to measure the 1st LO at R4 on RF board, but level is too low for HP counter, although signal is visible on TEK 465B scope at 100 MHz, so thinking of driving the counter with the rear channel out of the scope.

To updatge this thread.....the 745 decided to work in FM mode only RX/TX after testing that function with an old RS Patrolman scanner.

I removed the FM board and the front panel to look for somewhere to start, and started to realize that ICOM packed this chassis so full of electronics, ribbon cables, harnesses, and small scale controls, there was no way.....

In comparison, the chassis of the TRC 458 is laid out with a large motherboard and a couple of edge mounted daughter boards.

Anyway, sent it to Malcom Technical Services for repair and alignment. It came back, including shipping, for under 100.00 and is more sensitive than before.

M.T.S.

I've been using Scott at Malcolm Technical Services for years and years, never

a complaint, Fast, Reasonable, Accurate, Reliable, quite often get a radio back

in better shape, receive/transmit wise than it was before it got sent in for repairs.

He is the B E S T and Average rating: 4.9/5 on E-Ham especially on ICOM items

.....Mac

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.