• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-756PRO HF/6M Radio

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
I upgraded to a Kenwood TS-2000, mainly to reduce the amount of radios in my shack (TS-440SAT, TR-751A All-Mode and IC-756PRO). All three of these radios are listed in the classifieds here, but this ad is for the 756PRO.

This is an awesome radio and I'll probably regret selling it, but the fact is I really need to 'thin the herd'. My wife and I recently retired and she's been hinting that she'd like to relocate out of California within the next couple of years. I have way too many cars, radios and other toys to even consider moving at the moment, so I am slowly starting to sell some of my prized possessions :glare:

I have only ever had two problems with the radio - the RX audio chip slowly failed and the Automatic Tuner stopped working. I sent it up to ICOM's Bellevue Washington repair facility and they completely went through the radio while it was there ;)

I don't know what else to add, except it comes with all the accessories as shipped from the factory - HM-36 hand mic (which actually sound better than any other mic I've tried on it), the OP manual and the DC power cable.

It's already boxed up and ready to go, so this is the only pic I have right now. I can unpack it and provide more pix if you're truly interested in purchasing this radio

IC-756PRO.jpg

$1,050.00 SHIPPED (double boxed with insurance and tracking), or $1,000 if picked up in the Los Angeles area.

Prefer USPS Money Order(s) (Pay Pal fees would be too much) :glare:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's just a few of the latest reviews on eHam, where the rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 143 reviewers (y)

"I recently purchased a very lightly used IC-756PRO. One of the first things I noticed was the low "floor" noise while listening around the bands. I would also like to remark on what an ease this radio is to program. I would highly recommend this make and model rig to anyone in the "$1000 rig" market."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Won't go into the pros and cons. Radio plays very well and reasonably priced these days (1000-1200). easy to figure out how to use, no buried menu stuff. Only gripe for me is I wish teh Mic and RF Power controls were larger. Radio hears well, decent receiver, perhaps not contest grade but good enough. PRO2 a slight bit better (can be had for 1200-1300), and PRO3 not that much of any improvement over the PRO2. So, save your money, get a PRO and enjoy. Band scope is nicer then most others, easy to use and understand. Not a miniature scope like on the FT-5000 and 30000. Solid performer."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have owned the Pro2, Pro3, K3, FT-950, etc so you get the idea I like using different rigs. I am not a contester and only work cw. I am lucky in the fact there appear to be no active hams living close to me so I can not attest to strong signal blocking ability. I have never kept a rig more than 6 months but I have decided to keep this one. Knobs and features are laid out perfectly. Once you use a scope it is hard to be without one. Awesome build quality. Antenna tuner is a marvel and tunes better than my LDG Z11Pro. QSK is a joy. The DSP,while not state of the art, works quite well. There is fan noise but it is not offensive. I really believe that this rig is the best value in the $1k used radio range.

All 143 eHam reviews here: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/418?page=1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.