• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-PW2 HF/50 MHz ALL Band 1 kW Linear Amplifier

edfiero

Jul 15, 2010
Anyone know the release date for this AMP?
Seems like it has been in the catalogs but not yet available for 2 years now.

FYI
Icom Inc. announces that the IC-PW2 Japan version has been shipped from the factory. The IC-PW2 USA and EUR versions will be released around Spring 2024.

If the PW2 improves on the PW1 it will be a great amp. The PW1 can run 1 KW all day long. My buddy W3MJ (sk) and I operated a the 2017 CQ WPX RTTY contest as a multi single with a PW1 and a Kenwood 990. 1,600 QSOs, 38 hours, at 1 KW.

Yes the fan is very loud. That is why it has a detachable control head so you can put the noisy box somewhere that won't bother you. Fan didn't bother us.

Here is a short video of our operation

Reactions: AudioShockwav
If it's anything like the first version, Icom had zero ability to supply their authorized facilities with a single power supply component for the PW-1. If you couldn't Source the part from another supplier, you had to purchase a new Supply at approximately half the cost of the amplifier. The trouble is their power supplies were farmed out to a company in China and it used many job specific components that are not readily available from other sources. My advice before purchasing one new, is to ask your Icom representative if that situation has changed and can you buy parts down to the component level for your power supply?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.