• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

icom ic-v8000 problems ???

askarov

Apr 1, 2013
hello

i have 2 icoms ic-v8000

the first one lacks transmitting power ::
receivers that are close to me car hear my transmission ... others that are 500 meters far cant receive anything

the second::
no sound !!!1
i can hear any thing i can see the reception power but no hearing ...
i checked up the connections but nothing abnormal !!1

so any ideas about these 2??

Do you have a meter to see if #1 is outputting anything? I've seen blown PA's that put out a few mw, still will put out a signal but nothing more than a few feet away will hear it.

As for #2 is the Ext speaker jack broken or stuck in the "external speaker plugged in" position? This would kill the internal speaker but give you the signs you are seeing.

I have exactly ZERO knowledge or experience with the icom v8000, however I have seen more than once a burned out final transistor that would still output some signal from the driver, so I think you may have an easy fix on radio #1.

Radio #2, well does the signal meter do anything when you send it a signal? speakers go bad, more often than you would think, also check the jack like VE6SDG said.

Also try........tapping it, with a screwdriver handle, no seriously it might "fix" it to the point of indicating a stuck relay, cold solder joint or bad connection

actually the signal is few milli watts ... in the first

while in the second i can transmit with normal power and with recieving i can see that i am recieving smthn but no audio !!!1

Do you have a meter to see if #1 is outputting anything? I've seen blown PA's that put out a few mw, still will put out a signal but nothing more than a few feet away will hear it.

As for #2 is the Ext speaker jack broken or stuck in the "external speaker plugged in" position? This would kill the internal speaker but give you the signs you are seeing.

I have exactly ZERO knowledge or experience with the icom v8000, however I have seen more than once a burned out final transistor that would still output some signal from the driver, so I think you may have an easy fix on radio #1.

what do you propose (for the easy fix)
change the power transistor !!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.