• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2000 question.

How can it get any better? I mean, using a non-resonant, mismatched antenna on a band that it wasn't meant to be used on. Gotta be good, right?
And as for those 'hamsticks', while they are acceptable on 20 meters and up, tell me they are really great. I dare you...
- 'Doc

They are GREAT DOC
they present an acceptable VSWR ( not impedance) on many frequencies, and sometimes even a dummy load used as an antenna can make contacts when mother nature is favorable.

Any other dares?:D

Oh and good morning Doc, hope you did not spill your coffee laughing at this post.:pop:

You can order the original hardware right from Tencom for $8.14.
The part No# is P/IBAG.
With that being said, you can also go to just about any hardware store and get it also.

How can it get any better? I mean, using a non-resonant, mismatched antenna on a band that it wasn't meant to be used on. Gotta be good, right?
And as for those 'hamsticks', while they are acceptable on 20 meters and up, tell me they are really great. I dare you...
- 'Doc

Nope. Won't tell you they are great at all. That's why I told Robb that his <15 watts into the beam had a higher ERP than my 100 watts into a stick. :D Still I won't complain about the 3B9C contact via LP with it.

Reactions: 1 person
imax 2000

Heres what i want to know,how do they rate the power rating on a imax???Is it 2000 constant,or 2000pep??I have ran well over 2000watts pep on mine been doing it for 3. Years now and no problems.Thinking about running my 16pill on it??Just wondering if someone was more educated than me on the subject...lol...which wouldnt take much to be more educated than me...

Its 2000W PEP. PEP sells antennas because its a bigger number than continuous. You'll probably get away with more than that because the peaks of the power last milliseconds.

Rather than running more power I'd just build/buy an antenna with more gain for DX. It'll cost less and you'll gain on receive as well as transmit. Leave the Imax up for local work. If you've never run a beam before the first time you use one you'll wonder what took you so long to getting round to using one.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.