• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

INDOOR ANTENNAS

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Ok I been racking my brain for years now trying to find 2 older indoor antennas and trying to find out who made them and what they were called.

The first one I had owned until selling it in the mid 1990s now kicking myself in the @$$ because I cant find another and it worked excellent. The antenna was a white fiberglass it was spring loaded at the top and it wedged between the floor and ceiling like those indoor plant hanger stands. It reminded me of a curtain rod when looking at it. The coax was also white and where it came out of the bottom of the fiberglass tube or rod there was a flat part in the coax where a matching network type deal was.

Anyone ever seen one of these or know what they were called and who made them?? Ide love to find another one I should never had sold mine it talked along way it surprised the hell outta me in the years I owned it and messed with it.

The other was one a guy had in an apartment in a spare bedroom it was a huge setup this one looked like a TV antenna standing on end in a way I remember the guy telling me it was made by the same company that made the Antron 99 he used to call it an indoor Antron. I have yet to find these antennas or any info on them online so I figured Ide ask around on the forum in hopes someone has seen or has info on any of these indoor antennas. Ide like to get another indoor antenna I do have a small indoor dipole and it works ok but the signals are weaker being the other people are vertical and Im horizontal. Dont get me wrong I talked skip with it with 25 - 30 watts but local rag chewing its not like that old spring loaded indoor antenna I had thats forsure.

Ok I been racking my brain for years now trying to find 2 older indoor antennas and trying to find out who made them and what they were called.

The first one I had owned until selling it in the mid 1990s now kicking myself in the @$$ because I cant find another and it worked excellent. The antenna was a white fiberglass it was spring loaded at the top and it wedged between the floor and ceiling like those indoor plant hanger stands. It reminded me of a curtain rod when looking at it. The coax was also white and where it came out of the bottom of the fiberglass tube or rod there was a flat part in the coax where a matching network type deal was.

Anyone ever seen one of these or know what they were called and who made them?? Ide love to find another one I should never had sold mine it talked along way it surprised the hell outta me in the years I owned it and messed with it.

The other was one a guy had in an apartment in a spare bedroom it was a huge setup this one looked like a TV antenna standing on end in a way I remember the guy telling me it was made by the same company that made the Antron 99 he used to call it an indoor Antron. I have yet to find these antennas or any info on them online so I figured Ide ask around on the forum in hopes someone has seen or has info on any of these indoor antennas. Ide like to get another indoor antenna I do have a small indoor dipole and it works ok but the signals are weaker being the other people are vertical and Im horizontal. Dont get me wrong I talked skip with it with 25 - 30 watts but local rag chewing its not like that old spring loaded indoor antenna I had thats forsure.

Not sure, but Shakespeare use to make an 11 meter Marine Big Stick, with a 1/4 wave radiator. It didn't have a spring anywhere, but the bottom was a coax jumper with a folded 1/4 wave coaxial jumper...all inside some shrink wrap. It was sort of flat looking and it terminated in a coax connector. I think it was intended for use on a FG boat that didn't have a built-in ground plane.

The TV looking one might be the Channel Master"Omega"...and i do seem to remember the other one you are talking about, if a name comes to mind i will post it later.

Good Call!
DING DING we have a winner

I would love to try one of where could i find one. The thing to remember when you using a antenna indoors never run a amp becuase you will mess with all the electronics in your house. When I use to run a a99 any 250w amp I would lock up my computer & set off the alarm system

These very well may be the ones I am thinking of that brown pole is so close to not be like what I had. Mine was white and had a flat shrink wrapped piece in the coax where it entered the bottom of the fiberglass or plastic spring loaded pole. Im so p!$$ed at myself for selling it and it was sold for a joke to a girl that was hot on a buddy of mines heals.

He was so mad when I sold her an antenna and radio he didnt think it was as funny as the rest of us did. He would be laughing now knowing I wanted the antenna back and she dissapeared.

does anyone know what the newer style antennas that screw to the back of the redio will handle for power?? 25 or 50 watts you think?

Ummm, the old Pacer indoor CB antenna?

I know this is a 3yr old thread, but I happened across this thread while performing a search for Pacer antennas. Not much info out there about them..

I have one of these and thought it was just a standard ground plane antenna. All I'm missing are the three ground plane radial arms. I have the machined aluminum hub and fiberglass whip with clever adjustable tip, and would like to get this thing up and running for kicks n giggles. How long do you think the GP arms are?

Ill have to look at the antenna or do a search on that particular antenna. I sure wish I could find another Homing Pigeon spring loaded pole indoor base antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.