• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Info on a Palomar HD 250 FET Amp

w4bss

Aug 7, 2011
I was giving a nice Palomar HD 250 FET amplifier. I haven't connected it up yet, but I was wanting to know what kind of power should be expected out of it. What do you guys think about this amp?

Thanks!

Attachments

• palomar 250-fet.jpg
    palomar 250-fet.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 616

Palomar FET 250 High Drive Linear Amplifier, DNJ Radio

High drive amp that will work with a 10m export mobile radio, class AB bias design, and you got it at the right price. Just don't over-drive the amp's input with too much power output from your 10m export radio - and it should run fairly clean output. Drive it until you see about 200 watts PEP on SSB. That should be an efficient power level for the two ERF-7530 MOSFET devices. Same goes for the output for AM use. However with FM - adjust the radio output until no more than 40 watts output from the amp . . .

Last edited:
Free is the best part about that amp. Would I pay the normal 100-150 NOPE. Just the next generation of palomar junk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.