• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interests outside of radio.....

WX2MIG

Still Alive & Well
Dec 10, 2008
39° 19' 23" N X 74° 36' 30" W
Obviously everyone here is interested in radio, be it CB'ers, Ham's, scanner, short wave, or GMRS......

What other hobbies or interests do you all have outside of your radio hobby.....

For me it's......

Fishing.....
More specific saltwater fishing. Striped Bass, Tog, Summer Flounder, Weakfish....
Boat, Piers, Bridges, Sod Banks, Jetties, or from the Beach, where ever I can wet a line, and hook a fish.....

Surfing.....
More specific, long board surfing. I have a 10'4" Bing Silverspoon, and a 10' Bing Pintail. When the ocean water temps hit 50° in the spring I enjoy hitting the waves, and do it until late fall when the water temps dip below 50°....

Target Shooting.....
Both rifle and pistol. I've been involved in compition target shooting for several years, Bullseye pistol, bench rest rimfire rifle, and 3 position rimfire rifle.....

So what other activities occupies your time away from radio.......????

Ready for this??

Not in any order, just as I can think of them.
Flying, almost any aspect of it. Big ones and the little ones with balsa/glue R/C radio stuff. Got a license to fly the large ones, can't fly the little ones at all, @#$ it!
Boats. Just the little ones with the R/C stuff. I can make them work! Really like building them, got bench saws, sanders, etc, a real live 'nut' about it.

Cars and trucks, naturally. The really old ones! Rebuilt a few of them things. Got one left that I'll never do, anyone want an old pickup? NOT cheap, needs work? (Those kind'a nuts are hard to find, ain't holding my breath.)

Both parent were in the garment 'bid'n'ez' so came by it naturally, I think, but women's clothes. (Weird, huh?) Designed, made patterns for them, actually used to get paid to make them (really weird!). Typically see things now that 'we' only wished we could get'em to wear back then, you know? (Makes a great 'come-on' line, just don't know what to do with it anymore.)

Photograph. Been through several 'phases' of that too. Currently the digital thingys. Not that I don't think about it, but no, not THAT kind of photography! Also like 'manipulating' pictures! 'National Enquirer' can't do anything I can't do with UFOs! One reason I was into SSTV for so long.

Computers. Since you built them by the component, not by the 'board. Getting used to a new one right now, not sure anyone wants to hear about that, so won't go into it (I HATE VISTA!)

People. You know, all them two legged animules that used to just be in the way of the things I liked doing? Discovered that if you have the right 'attitude' or view point, them things is more fun that you'd even believe! Went back to work after retiring and the people are the fun part of it (the money don't hurt either, pays for the other bad habits). Too many aspects of that to even try getting into. One of them just happens to be making a R.P.I.T.A out of myself in places like this! Right?

There's more, but I've already gotten into the "Who gives a S***!" category so I'll quit.
- 'Doc

I'm a medically retired commercial pilot. I enjoy flying small planes with pilot friends when I can (only a few times a year).

I love machines, I have a 1954 Ford tractor and a 1981 GMC pick-up I enjoy tinkering with.

I also enjoy playing with the Estes rockets with my grandson.

I volunteer some time at the VA Outpatient clinic in Daytona Beach. I also do volunteer work at the local animal shelters too when called.
I build and fly RC airplanes and helicopters too, and I bet you thought radio was expensive.

Trail riding on the quads with the wife (Hondas of course) down here in The Ozarks

Metal Detecting - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Red Baron RB12D

RC Planes, glow mainly .40-.55 size and a coupla smaller ones

OMP Edge 540 V3 Profile - OS .55AX
Horizon Hobby Tango - TT Pro.46
Phoenix Funstar - OS .46AX
World Models LA Racer - OS .46AX
Sig Wonder - Magnum XLS .15
World Models Skyraider MachII - Evolution .46
An the wifes Sig LT-40 Trainer - OS .46LA
and a few other oddball ones I have

All of my RC radio equipment is Futaba

Ron
ol'Fart

I build and fly RC airplanes and helicopters too, and I bet you thought radio was expensive.

I work with a guy that got into the R/C planes a few years ago. He got a kit, spent many hours building his airplane, took it out to a field to fly it. The very first flight he crashed it into a tree.......:headbang
He hasn't touched one since......

Our local small plane airport has an air show every year, and I love watching those guys fly the models, one guy comes every year with his minature F-16 and this thing actually has a working minature jet engine in it.....it's really quite incredible.....

I'm a medically retired commercial pilot. I enjoy flying small planes with pilot friends when I can (only a few times a year).

I love machines, I have a 1954 Ford tractor and a 1981 GMC pick-up I enjoy tinkering with.

I also enjoy playing with the Estes rockets with my grandson.

8/9N or jubilee? great old tractors.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.