• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is there a coax patch cable/extender available?

mroneeyedboh

Mar 9, 2014
Here is my situation. where I have the radio mounted, the Wilson 1000's coax length is prefect. But I dont have enough room to get my SWR meter in there. Is there a patch/extender cable I can buy to extend the Wilson's coax ( the patch would have to be female like the radio and then male on the other end ) say about maybe 4'?

I would then remove it once the SWRs are set.... I want to recheck my SWRs again, as I did it at first and the meter showed decent ( 1.2-1.4ish ) but again I want to recheck, but I need to extend the coax a bit.

edited: Maybe I can get a 3' patch ( like used on the swr meter ) and run a so-239 ( correct one? ) female to female connector? Then just run that from the: wilson coax -so-239 female to female- 3' patch - into swr meter - out of swr with 3' patch into back of radio?

that would cause any issues with coax length and SWR right?

Last edited:

You want a short patch cable and one of these, a double SO-239 connector. ANY ham or CB dealer should have them both.

!Br8ZH+wBGk~$(KGrHqUH-DEEu7iuYnHjBL10795cy!~~_12.JPG

Radio Shack may even have them. As for the coax cable, as long as it is 50 ohm and not TV type it will work. Any short premade cable with PL-259 ends on it will be the right kind anyway.

Thanks Capt. Its rg-58 3' patch cable.

On a side note, is it worth updating my Wilson1000 coax to an upgraded coax? Its an original USA made one, which is said to be better than the newer ones... I just dont know how much the co-ax is hindering anything if at all.

Alrighty then. Im making a trip up to DTB radio and Im going to have him check out my setup to see if he can verify/modify it if need be

I just set the appt up after the order. I sent it earlier today and honestly forgot I even asked about it. But his shop is about 2.5 hrs away anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.