• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ISDS220A 2 IN 1 Virtual PC USB virtual Digital oscilloscop+Spectrum analyzers

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
Need some thoughts on this 60 MHz PC unit for the test bench.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14110267426...38.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rmvSB=true

Digital oscilloscope
* Channels: 2
* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution: 8Bit
* Gain range:
-16V ~ 16V (probe X1)
-160V ~ 160V (probe X10)
* Vertical accuracy: ±3%
* Time base range: 1ns-20s
* Input Protection: Diode,50Vpk
* Auto set: Yes(10Hz to 60MHz)
* Trigger Mode: Auto, Normal and Signal
* Trigger Type: No, Rising edge, Falling edge, Rising edge or Falling edge
* Trigger level: Yes
* Trigger Source: CH1, CH2
* Buffer Size: 512KB/CH
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Max sample: 200MS/s
* Vertical mode: CH1, CH2, ADD, SUB, MUL
* Display Mode: X, Y-T and X-Y
* Measurements: Yes
* Wave save: Osc(Private), Excel and Bmp

Spectrum analyzers
* Channels: 2
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Algorithm: FFT(18 windows), correlation, power spectrum
* FFT points: 8-1048576/CHN
* FFT measure: Harmonic(1-7), SNR, SINAD, ENOB, THD, SFDR
* Filter processing:
FIR filter supports arbitrary range of frequency sampling method, and Rectangle, bartlett, triangular, cosine, hanning, bartlett_hanning, hamming, blackman, blackman_Harris, tukey, Nuttall, FlatTop, Bohman, Parzen, Lanczos, kaiser, gaussand dolph_chebyshev, window method design.
IIR filter support "Butterworth", "Chebyshev I", Chebyshev II, "Elliptic" type of filter design

Data recorder(Only ISD220A):* Channel: 2* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution:8Bit
* Gain range:
-6V- +6V(probe X1)
-60V- +60V(probe X10)
* Sample:
1 channel : 1K-24M Hz
2 channel : 1K-16M Hz
* Save File: Maximum 4G, recording time associated with the sampling rate

System: WinXP(SP3), Win7(32/64)

Reactions: Tallman

Hey Tallman,
Yeah I seen that one also but a bit more pricey. For CB work do you think the ISDS220A would handle the job?

Hey Tallman,
Yeah I seen that one also but a bit more pricey. For CB work do you think the ISDS220A would handle the job?
A real SA is about $2,000.
But I would want to see it work before I bought it.
Even then, shouldn't have to pay that much for some jumped-up electronic test gear that isn't really worth what they ask for it. Guess they are trying to re-live the good old days of Silicon Valley.

A real SA is about $2,000.
But I would want to see it work before I bought it.
Even then, shouldn't have to pay that much for some jumped-up electronic test gear that isn't really worth what they ask for it. Guess they are trying to re-live the good old days of Silicon Valley.

This is true but I took a chance on that Sinad software and it worked out. I had to pay more then you because I do not have a ham Licence plus added the filter and cable to boot. Just thought this might be a cool item to add to that computer I built.

Hey Tallman,
The advice I normally give after asking this question: Are you setting up a repair shop or just a hobbyist? The answer is spend what you can afford for either situation. Do click on the link in my first posting in this thread to find a real bargain. There only one left. I bought one last night!
I hope it's not too late.

The advice I normally give after asking this question: Are you setting up a repair shop or just a hobbyist? The answer is spend what you can afford for either situation. Do click on the link in my first posting in this thread to find a real bargain. There only one left. I bought one last night!
I hope it's not too late.

Hey Tillman,

The one you bought is only 20 MHz and the one I'm looking at is 60 MHz. For CB I need one to cover 27 MHz.

Reactions: Tallman
Hey Tillman,

The one you bought is only 20 MHz and the one I'm looking at is 60 MHz. For CB I need one to cover 27 MHz.
I have four other S.A.'s I have all of the bands covered.
I jumped on this one for the signal generator and the Data recording. It is probably more than good enough for what I have in mind for it. When I get it I'm going to run it through the wringer and find out what all it can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crossbow

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.