• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It looks like Apple needs to hire some new antenna engineers

Maybe if Apple didn't employ drunks that leave their new beta testing Ipods at the bar, they would have ample time to debug the device before mass production. It's also a 100% lie that they could have any chance of correcting this problem with a software fix. That's just as effective as trying to listen to someone on your radio coming in with the noise level at S-1 on the meter and saying to yourself.....I'm going to turn the meter pot up to 30 db over S-9 so I can hear him. It's nothing less then a deceptive insult to the consumers intelligence. They know they have designed a phone with a defective antenna and are scared to death they may have to make a costly recall.

I've also stopped using my cell phone in any other mode then speaker phone. After making an effort to find a phone that would not make my ear hot or hand numb from using it more then 20 minuets, I gave up. I have zero trust in these companies claims that the microwave RF emitted by their devices is completely harmless. While the power is limited the time of exposure is not. Put your microwave on half power and it cooks in twice the time. Same principle applies at 300 mw however the thermal heating is harder to detect.

I find it no coincidence that the number of brain tumors located near the ear has increased exponentially over the last 15 years with higher rates in younger people. I'll never forget when Court TV first came on cable they had a case where a woman was suing Motorola over a tumor on the side of her brain. She owned one of those old brick hand held cell phones with the external 1/2 wave over a 1/4 wave antenna. When they showed the images of the inside of her head I was stunned to see that the phasing coil of the cell phone antenna lined up perfectly with the shape of her tumor.

Motorola brought in one expert after another that assured the jury the phone was safe and the woman lost her case even with the damming images. Granted cell phones are now about 10 times less powerful however, with their built in antennas we now hold the antenna right on our heads. I'm not suggesting everyone stop using their cell phone but if your ear gets hot, fingers holding the phone go numb or stiff in the joints, or you get headaches using the phone, you might consider speaker phone.

Independent studies have shown Blue tooth to be somewhat lower in RF exposure levels but you have to keep in mind it too is a transmitter. It is lower power then the phone itself but it's problem is the fact the transmitter is now literally placed right in the ear canal. An alternative is the wired headset. Although some studies have suggested it too can radiate RF down the cord. Some people have placed RF beads on the cord to prevent this although I'm not so sure how effective this is at these frequencies. Anything is better then holding the phone directly to your ear.

Most people never even read the fine print in the manuals that come with these phones. They often direct you to hold the phone several inches from your head so that you can't hear the phone but it then meets RF exposure levels. They go on to say you should use the recommended carrying case to place the phone away from your body rather then your pocket. How many of us do this? If there were no danger, these instructions would not be there. By placing them where no one reads them, the danger is more significant.

The cell phone industry is more concerned with limiting their liability then protecting the customers. If they were required to make you aware of the precautions of holding your phone, it would alarm the average person. How many people are aware that children including teenagers are more susceptible to this RF exposure? This is because the skull is not fully developed and lets more RF through. I've also heard in some of these cases parts of the head can be resonant at the operating frequency.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.