• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Johannesburg, South Africa on 11m ...

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
44ET304, Strauss, 30km east of Johannesburg. Has no computer. Has to drive to Johannesburg in 3 days to get my email for QSL. Problem I have is I can't find his email address anywhere online. Anyone?

Johannesburg.jpg

Go to the ET web site and look up Paulina's e-mail address (2ET001) and drop her a line, she might give it to you if she has it.

If that doesn't work Robin, then I can contact 44ET001 Peter for you and see if he may have it, I do have his e-mail.

I found his snail mail address.

Strauss
P.O. Box 1056
Reitkuil,Mpumalanga
Republic of South Africa

That may be your best choice for a QSL card. Chances are if he has no computer then he has no email address.

Thanks guys for your info.

I did find the Mpumalanga part, but not a complete address. Thanks CK. EDIT: He did confirm he has an email address.

I'll try to contact Paulina (2ET001) to get his email address. Thanks Larry. EDIT: email sent.

4040 was on the side running a 'gate at the time I'm sure. Scott, did you post it or did it end up on the cutting room floor?

Last edited:
No success on any of my follow ups. ET administration did not have any current information on 44ET304. Provided same address as posted by CK.

Checking up on the address leads to a slightly different location than identified by the op. Must have moved closer to the big city. Anyways, I'll have to wait and see if he can dig out my contact information when he gets to a computer and contacts me.
C'est la vie.:unsure:

HaHa that is funny i have a gate on that guy and he told me that they don't have internet in there village ...lol Man we don't know how lucky we are... That guy roll's in here about 1:00pm my time i will ask him for his email tomorrow and pass it on to ya

Thanks guys for your info.

I did find the Mpumalanga part, but not a complete address. Thanks CK. EDIT: He did confirm he has an email address.

I'll try to contact Paulina (2ET001) to get his email address. Thanks Larry. EDIT: email sent.

4040 was on the side running a 'gate at the time I'm sure. Scott, did you post it or did it end up on the cutting room floor?

Reitkuil is the town/village and Mpumalanga is the state. It was formerly known as Eastern Transvaal before the renaming of a lot of states.

Reitkuil is the town/village and Mpumalanga is the state. It was formerly known as Eastern Transvaal before the renaming of a lot of states.
Well CK, you know your geography. It appears that 44ET304 no longer resides at the last known address, as he stated to me that he was 30km east of Johannesburg.

I cheated and asked Mr. Google about Mpumalanga and found out it is about 450km SE. from Johannesburg. Hopefully he will get back to one of us and clear up the mystery (and get a QSL card as well!).

I have him as 30 miles or 51 kilometers east of Johannesburg. The state of Mpumalanga almost extends as far as Johannesburg on the western edge. Here is a screenshot of Google Earth showing the location. Sorry for the size but it's the only way to see the detail.I know the spelling is a bit different but thatis due to translations from Afrikaan to English. A lot of place names are spelled differently locally.

googleearthz.jpg

If that doesn't work Robin, then I can contact 44ET001 Peter for you and see if he may have it, I do have his e-mail.
Hello Larry, looks like I could use that information now. I was never able to get anything on 44ET304 but I did make contact with Peter, 44ET001 today. Could you PM his email address so that I could follow up with him?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.