• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just arrived..

ranger56528

Jan 24, 2011
Just had to say...My FT-7900R just arrived via Brown Trk (y) now i need to wait :mad: to install being i am haveing Nerve surgery tomorrow at 8am grrrrrr.Iam putting it in my 011 F250 so I want a shop to run the power for me,i want to also put a NMO 2/70 on the roof but will wait abit and see how my MFJ-1729 works,little shy of putting a 3/4" hole in the roof of my new trk...
I have the TM-271a mounted in my old Buick witch is a (y) unit......

Just wanted to shout out,

Thanks,
KDØNSC.................

Congratulations Jim. I just set up my Kenwood -TM271 in my 1994 Ford Ranger XLT. I decided against drilling holes that cant be repaired. I'm using a magnet mount for 2M. I set the antenna just ahead of the "bed light/brake light" that is on the back of the pickup cab and then using a rat tail file I made a indentation at the very top of it just big enough for the RG-58 cable to sit in. The coax runs under the edge of the roof covering inside the cab, to the edge of the cab and then under the floor mat. Works great.
I hope your operation came out ok and your back on your feet again. Good luck with your new Yaesu.

Harold KK4AVR

ICOM IC-718
IT-100 Tuner
Kenwood TM-271
Yaesu FT-101B
5BTV Antenna

Thanks jaymom...yep surgery went good got home at 4:30 this afternoon.....You know I just might look at running the MFJ-1729 coax the same way now that you bring that up.

My TM-271A has no problem hitting the 2 repeaters out here that are 25-30 miles away when hills are not in the way...Just can't wait to get the 7900 in the F250.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.