• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just me or has 10m been sucking lately

Onthecoast

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 13, 2012
Is it just me, or has 10 meters really been sucking this week? I'm already planning on getting my general, but not getting anywhere on 10 lately is really pushing me harder.

it has been quiet here, central coast of California taking my general test
next month. I just turned on the radio nothing going on...good luck on your general 73's:)

A few weeks ago it was hoping and I was able to hear and talk, now not so much. I still hear beacons, but nothing else.

There was a CME/solar storm or one of those sun related deals that has had HF really messed up this past week...there was a couple of days that I didnt hear anything at all from 17 to 10 meters....

but on the bright side,things are starting to open up again

There was a CME/solar storm or one of those sun related deals that has had HF really messed up this past week...there was a couple of days that I didnt hear anything at all from 17 to 10 meters....

but on the bright side,things are starting to open up again

Yup. Here in the northeast its been quiet everywhere, even as low as 40m has been dead much of the time.
While i have heard absolutely nothing on 10 in days, did make a dozen mobile contacts this morning on 12m-italy, belgium, germany, azores & cape verde. What shows promise is that was on my predator tuned for 27.385, so almost 3:1 swr on 24.956 & my 706mk2g cut itself back to about 20 watts pep & i got all 5-5 thru 5-9 reports!

Not bad at all Dave !! Out of a mobile makes it even better ...sounds like I need to start poking around 12 meters as well

I know, right! I can only imagine how much better it could be if my antenna was resonant, swr reasonable & my icom not cutting back 80% of its output!

Mobile again this morning. A couple 'blue water' big guns on 27.025, 20m & 12m totally DEAD. 1 heavy qsb contact to j67zf on 10m, otherwise dead there too.

It's been very slack for the last 10 days - 2 weeks due to solar flares and general sun indigestion. Should come back soon. Spotty to the the U.S. and Europe. Some days better than others.

Well 11 is wide open again today and there is very little activity on 10. I was working 28.400 and could hear someone down in the mud. I worked them as best as I could with filtering and such but couldn't bring them in. Meanwhile, I hear tons of activity on 27.385.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.