• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just ordered a Astatic 636 noise cancelling mic for my Ranger2950Dx!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Good evening Radio friends, well I just placed my order for my new Mike, I have used a 636 before in the early 90's so I know that they are a good mic,although I have heard that the quality has changed supposedly since the 90's and they are made different?? I shopped around for the best price,and I found that Walcott radio wanted to charge 17.00 extra and Bob's CB was 10.00 just for wiring for a six pin plug for the Ranger2950Dx and that didn't include the price of the mic itself,not trying to complain but just saying how much the price difference can range.So I found on eBay from the radio shop Effingham shop that has the mic for $36.53 which is for the mic,plus being wired for a 6 pin connector and shipping and handling out the door, no extra charges, looking forward to receiving it this coming Friday, feel free to leave comments if you wish, may you have a Happy and Blessed Easter yourself and your families also!!

73's and God Bless:)

Never liked the 636, always sounded tinny with my voice. The RK56 was always the best NC mic, now I either use the stock mic, a Turner Plus 3, or an RF Limited 2018 Extreme. Just depends on what radio I am running.

Reactions: Steve_Buckeye
Never liked the 636, always sounded tinny with my voice. The RK56 was always the best NC mic, now I either use the stock mic, a Turner Plus 3, or an RF Limited 2018 Extreme. Just depends on what radio I am running.
I do remember that only thing that I didn't like with the RK 56 is that the mic switch was notorious for failure due to sticking issue's, as where the 636 uses a more durable switch in their mic,if memory serves me correctly,nevertheless they are also a good sounding mic,more bass like sound,like you said each radio is different!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.