• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 20,000 watt antenna.

Nugginator

Mar 29, 2021
Installed this k40 on my kenworth and it works great paird with my stryker 497hpc. BUT the coils vibrate terrible. Louder then my straight pipes. Question is, has anyone done anything about it or some modification. Again, love the performance. Just annoying to hear it hum.

Sorry if this has been asked before*

I would wedge a small chunk of rubber between the middle of the coil and the insulator in the center. Keeping a little pressure on it will keep it from resonating.

Reactions: Nugginator
1698948479895.png
This K40 handles 20K. How is it mounted?
Is is mounted vertical or... Do you have the antenna tipping forward so the whip is straight at highway speeds? Like the picture above.
If it is forward, try straightening it out to be more vertical.

Last edited:
I'll never understand the need for 20,000 watts in a mobile, unless of course you hang on the super bowl ! But in a truck ? To talk to other drivers that are usually within a mile or two ? I just don't get it............

I'll never understand the need for 20,000 watts in a mobile, unless of course you hang on the super bowl ! But in a truck ? To talk to other drivers that are usually within a mile or two ? I just don't get it............
It was better quality antenna then the cheap roadpro. So I got it. Obviously will never run that type of power.

Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.