• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 Antenna Rant

K40 roof top installation question

I know this is rather and old thread but, for those of you who hard mounted this antenna on the top of your roof top can you recall if the surface hole is the same as a Wilson 1000/5000 hard mount installation.

I know this is rather and old thread but, for those of you who hard mounted this antenna on the top of your roof top can you recall if the surface hole is the same as a Wilson 1000/5000 hard mount installation.

K40 is a 7/8 inch hole. Keep in mind if you ever get a sirio 5000 it uses a 5/8 inch hole. may not seem like much but it is. I had a k40 at first then bought the sirio 5000 later. I had to use a washer under the rooftop because of the difference in hole size. As far as the Wilson's hole size I'd say its smaller Than the k40 too. Just a guess.

Last edited:
Sirio 5000 in a 7/8 drilled hole

5/8 inch washer to cover 7/8 hole. actually beneficial because it provides a little stability under the antenna base.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 54

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.