• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40SSB Question

nite-eagle

LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR QRP!
Apr 4, 2005
WISCONSIN
Hello to everyone in the group. I have heard about a K40-SSB radio. I have found the basic tune-up info but cannot find any pictures or more details about it. I have kept a K40 AM radio around for a backup for many years. The K40 is a good rock solid radio that always works. Even though its is almost NOT modifiable it works for a back up if one of my regular radios dies. Anyway has anyone ever heard of a K40-SSB AM/Sideband radio, I would like to find one if there are any still around.
Thanks in advance for any information.

73 for now and God Bless, Nite-Eagle
CDX-409
Wisconsin unit 409
HR2510 (mobile) with KB-250V
Washington (stock) with Palomar Skipper 350
Cool Blue Magnum 257
K40
rci2985DX
Yaesu FT-747GX

K40SSB

Thanks Freecell, I was begining to think I imagined it. Found the tuneup for it on the web, but no pix or other info. I check the auction sites form time to time but none yet. Ill keep looking so if anyone out there has one in good working condition or knows someone who has a good one that would be willing to sell it I am interested in buying one for my collection.
Thanks again 73 for now and God Bless, Nite-Eagle, John

K40 SSB

LC7131 PLL
Relatively impossible to modify.
I have the instructions on how to unlock the clarifier if you need same.

Judging by the year the modifications came out for this radio, the radio itself was probably manufactured sometime between 1982-84.

K40SSB

Hey thanks everyone for the replies to my question. It appears the K40SSB was not very popular. Probably because of the PLL being so hard to do anything with. Anyway I just thought I would ask. I still would like to have one for my collection. Mostly I guess because it is so rare. They probably are all in a landfill by now but you never know...
Does anyone know anyone who has one willing to sell it, I am interested in finding one in good working condition. Not a basket case please, I have thrown away to many of these already.
Well thanks for your replies.

73 for now and God Bless, Nite-Eagle, John

RCI-2985DX - Palomar Skipper 350HD

Washington (stock)

FT-747GX

Cool Blue Magnum 257

HR2510 - TX STAR KB-250V

K40-7

ic-910

ic-2720

dxChat
Help Users