• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-F6a being discontinued?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I know that the TH-F6a has been around for a while. I recently had to purchase a new antenna connector that broke (pretty straight forward to replace if you're careful). I had contacted Kenwood to get a source for parts and noticed that many of the item listed (like the antenna) where shown as discontinued. I take that to mean that this radio is soon to be retired? Anyone have any inside info?

as much as like the idea of having this radio, with this possibility, I might as well compromise and wait for the VX-8R.

Both Kenwood and Yaesu were so close to making a good HT...

What a dissapointment this quest has been.

I know this isn't the case in a lot of the country, but I really like 220, and I like having it in this HT. There is a lot of 220 activity around Cali with some really great linked repeater systems. I like being able to go almost anywhere in the state and be able to raise someone. I also found an unbelievable deal on a 220mhz 20watt amp a couple years ago at the swap meet ($35 for a 220 jpole and amp) so I use it on my base now too. If Kenwood discontinues this HT, I hope that parts are available for a while or they come out with a new HT that has 220 in it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.