• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KENWOOD TS-440SAT - NICE One

KF6IRK

Kapt. Irk
Mar 2, 2013
So Cal
I purchased this Kenwood TS-440SAT new from Erickson Communications back in 1994. I didn't know at the time that Erickson store was actually owned by AES since 1989 (then closed in 1996).

I any event, this radio is up for sale after serving me many years with on the air entertainment.

Recently tuned up, new memory battery and new grain-o-wheat bulbs replaced by Charles at Turner Radio in Lancaster, CA.

TR and RX were aligned and it boasts the full 100w output, and all functions work well - operational condition=10, cosmetics=9. The case has a few abrasions on the sides but the face looks as good as day one (see pix). Very clean, inside and out. (More pix available if needed).

Comes as shipped from the factory, including the stock MC43S hand mic, OEM un-cut DC power cable with fuses, side handle, and original boxes. Also has the the IC-10 Interface Kit. This will allow 4800 baud serial communications via the ACC-1 interface on the back of the radio (Ham Radio Deluxe, EchoLink, etc.).

Other mods include 60M mod and the SSB variable carrier control mod. Also includes a nifty 'finger-dimple' on the VFO knob (y)

$575. shipped anywhere in the CONUS, double-boxed, full insurance and tracking.

K2.JPG

K1.JPG

K5.JPG

K3.JPG

K4.JPG

K6.JPG

K7.JPG

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.