• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS 570 power increase or ALC mod

atsoca

Oct 25, 2005
Lynbrook NY
Hi all I was wondering if anyone know about a power increase mod or an ALC mod for the Kenwood TS-570
I know that it is the service menu but I'm not sure how to go about it...
unless there is anothe mod that is floating around
any help is greatly appreciated
Thanx
Rob

Rob,
The power increase is in the Service menu. To Access the service menu you need to have one of the 13 pin DIN plugs that plugs in to the ACC2 plug on the back of the rig. 2 of the pins must be shorted, not sure which 2 but I will find out. Turn the rig off, hod down the NR and USB buttons while powering on. The HELLO message appears along with the word "adjust" to the right. Using the Multi/chan knob you will be able to scroll through the service menu. Menu 18 is the power output adjust. Factory default should be 118. Turn this up via the up/dwn buttons. Setting the power out put to above 200 watts will drive the radio into saturation, so be careful. I adjusted on of mine all the way up just to see what it was capable of, how does 300 watts CW carrier sound. A bit nuch for sure. Ok in order for the adjustment to take place you must go the the nect to the last menu, the one that says Eprom write, push either the up or down button. The display should say "writing" then "good" Pull the plug from the back of the radio, turn the rig off, turn it back on, and that should do the power adjustment. Now your power output meter on the front of the radio will only go up to 60, don't know why, it just won't. There is no ALC mod for a rig like this, that would only cause major headaches.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Ed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.