• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

?? $$$ ?? Kenwood

Bandit169

Jul 6, 2005
North west Indiana.
Hi guy's,
Hey, i went to a hamfest a week or so ago here in N/W indiana, And tried to sell a few things. (Don't get me wrong i did sell some stuff without any thing be said).
1 was my Kenwood TS940 Sat with manual,stock mic and i had a MC60 mic also selling seperately, ( I Don't use it at all i bought a ts50 insted ),This radio is Very Clean and works great all modes. I had it checked out when i bought it from a wise Ham i know, It Passed with flying colors. I was asking $750.00 for it and $50.00 more for the MC60. Some guy said it was WAY TO MUCH i should ask 450 to 500 at the most. Am i going Gooffy or was he full of S--- ? Other people said it was a good price for it, But this guy got me thinking. What do you guys Think????
2 was a PDL 2 beam for parts all in tach with one of the curved pieces broke at the hub an' a solder joint broke at rhe coax to the gamma. all this set up in the place showing all for $75.00 OBO and was told again to much maybe 20 to 30 bucks. Am i going nut's or what?
What do you guy's think???
Let me know how far Off or On i was .
Down and out for now.
Thanks Bandit169nwind,Bandit169,CDX169,2-RSN-004 Indiana

Hi guy's,
Hey, i went to a hamfest a week or so ago here in N/W indiana, And tried to sell a few things. (Don't get me wrong i did sell some stuff without any thing be said).
1 was my Kenwood TS940 Sat with manual,stock mic and i had a MC60 mic also selling seperately, ( I Don't use it at all i bought a ts50 insted ),This radio is Very Clean and works great all modes. I had it checked out when i bought it from a wise Ham i know, It Passed with flying colors. I was asking $750.00 for it and $50.00 more for the MC60. Some guy said it was WAY TO MUCH i should ask 450 to 500 at the most. Am i going Gooffy or was he full of S--- ? Other people said it was a good price for it, But this guy got me thinking. What do you guys Think????
2 was a PDL 2 beam for parts all in tach with one of the curved pieces broke at the hub an' a solder joint broke at rhe coax to the gamma. all this set up in the place showing all for $75.00 OBO and was told again to much maybe 20 to 30 bucks. Am i going nut's or what?
What do you guy's think???
Let me know how far Off or On i was .
Down and out for now.
Thanks Bandit169nwind,Bandit169,CDX169,2-RSN-004 Indiana

Bandit, I would say that the Value is in the eyes of the beholder...

As a wise Ol Car Dealer once said " tat be me" :)
Thar is a ass to fit every seat.

Offer it at the value YOU think it is worth and if it dosn`t sell, then you
know its time to reconsider.

Just depends on how long you want to sit on it !! the items for sale that is.

Regards,
John

Hi John,
So, are you saying that the guy was right on both counts $$ wise? Or that i should just wait and see the next time i try to sell those two items? I know i sound stupid, but i seen item sell for more $$ then they are worth. Where on the other hand when i have seen things sell for way less and are worth awhole lot more. I am confused i think i need a Prozach moment. I hate when this happends!!!!! LOL.
Down an Out for now.
Thanks Bandit169.

Hi John,
So, are you saying that the guy was right on both counts $$ wise? Or that i should just wait and see the next time i try to sell those two items? I know i sound stupid, but i seen item sell for more $$ then they are worth. Where on the other hand when i have seen things sell for way less and are worth awhole lot more. I am confused i think i need a Prozach moment. I hate when this happends!!!!! LOL.
Down an Out for now.
Thanks Bandit169.

Buying and Selling is like playing Baseball !

It depends on wheather You are Pitching or Catching.

Leave you to figure it out :) thats the fun of the game...

Regards,
John

Bandit ,
Having not seen your KW TS-940sat it's hard to say. But a TS-940sat in great shape sell for around your asking price. Sometimes it helps to put with your asking price "or best offer" and have a set bottom price that your will to negotiate too. Otherwise if they dont like your price tell those cheap bast*$ts to go kick rocks:).

Oh my.... did i just cuss

Hi guy's,

Sounds like typical hamfest rhetoric.

Check out this link:http://www.universal-radio.com/used/sold045.html

It may be true that this model goes for $500 at hamfests (but I doubt for less than that unless the condition is poor or non-working). I was trying to find what they were going for on ebay but I couldn't find anything on anyone selling these radios recently. I only saw one on the bay. So in essence, the $750 may be the top price paid for such a radio. I say $400 is way too low.

My personal rule of thumb is 60% of full retail max, unless it is very new.

Yeah $750 might be the norm on Ebay

$750 final value fee on ebay is about $29.84 plus the basic insertion fee of about $4.00 = 33.84

Paypal fee is about $23.21

So
$33.84 EBAY
$23.21 PAYPAL
$40.00 Shipping That sucker is heavy
Totals $97.05

So you will clear $652.95

Now some hams tend to belittle you on prices to get the radio cheap, ignore them.

I just sold a mint TS-940SAT last summer for $700 CASH!

Give it a few months, people are just recovering from christmas and paying taxes

Once you start hearing those rebate checks being sent out, get to the nearest hamfest, come to the one or both of the hamfests in Peotone IL this year.

Good luck

Hello Hammer, It's been a Long time. Yeah, i go to peotone every year Both times if i can make them. I had a spot there last year and sold i few things, Great place !!! I go there for the bike swap meet also. I will do that for sure. I was thinking of going to the one out in peru indiana but i will hold off. I will bring the stuff to peotone,unless i get a hair up my --- and drive to peru ind. Because i want to get rid of my Moonraker 4 still in the box never took it out to put it up.bought it back in 02 or 03? (New in Box). My better half sayes i have to pay for the JoGunn 4x4 Star i got and am throwing up at the present moment.It took all these year for me to get every thing together for the MRaker 4 to stick up there,(Then a sweet deat came up on the Jogunn). Never the less The JGunn is together in the garage and the tower is down!!!!!DUN,dun,duh...The KW TS 940 sat is mint both boxes and the sock mic and owner manual. I just hate waiting, Know what i mean Vern'?
Thanks, you guy's are alot of help always. 73s & Down and out for now. Bandit169

What were you selling at Peotone and where at? I was there selling also, underneath one of the buildings

Hammer, when you walk back to the west on the south street by the food trailer like right after it.west of it Back of my pick up .Had a rci 2990 an the moonraker4 in the box opened up and the and a motorola 905 Sidecar for the big dish conversion for digital from anolog all the parts and papers for it also. I went to a 922 for my big dish and don't need the sidecar anymore. and other little stuff. now the last one it was like empty there not much for people or venders at all. I was hoping to see the hat lady Shsron & Ben Riggs( Custom Embroidery) Need some new hats made up. They were'nt there either.
73's
Down and out for now, Bandit169.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.