• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

let the skip begin on 11 meters

Yep same here, just static yesterday when I got home. It's been better locally as the floor noise isn't so bad but dx is sporadic.

same here for this fl cracker :D no conditions past few days at all..went most the day with very lil 38lsb at all"thats strange" and not even much on ch 19am and i live within 15 miles of 2 major truckstops.
nothing at all am or ssb on my radio this morning and useually 38lsb is going nuts ny now..
the aliens are coming<can not stand it>

same here for this fl cracker :D no conditions past few days at all..went most the day with very lil 38lsb at all"thats strange" and not even much on ch 19am and i live within 15 miles of 2 major truckstops.
nothing at all am or ssb on my radio this morning and useually 38lsb is going nuts ny now..
the aliens are coming<can not stand it>

Higher freq's are for the most part dead. I was able to work Lebanon and Poland last night but that was on 20 meters.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with w9 upper frequencies have been dead here for a few months but got 149 Paris France for about 5 minutes yesterday morning on 38 LSB but it was gone as fast as it came in . I was hoping to hear more Europe .

357 that's a cool contact. I am only able to talk in the evening from say 6-10pm due to work. I'm way to busy at work to fire up the radio there. Both of my bases are 257hp's with Maco 5/8 GP. The shops antenna is about 30' to base and the home is now about 50' to base. And both have ugly baluns on them at antenna. I didn't even notice most of my contacts where north until I read it.:whistle:

Short hop

7/24 in the afternoon, most of what I heard was in the south: 750 in Athens, GA; 106 in Jacksonville, NC; 354 in the Bayou state; Southern GA; Tennessee.

Crappy, cloudy, rainy weather over much of Fla. = lots of short hop.

It's quiet as crap right now on 38lsb it's almost eerie!! Just some static! I'm around central fl near the attractions in the mobile, keep checking everything as it's so quiet I keep thinking something is wrong with my system lol. It's definitely HOT and sticky right now and the daily thunderstorms have been kicking our butts around central fl!

222 same here , I only made one contact yesterday an then my friend an I use that term loosely came in an the show was over ! Moonraker vs. a-99 (me) an we know how that works ! lol{Cry_river}

first time hooked everything back up in 3 weeks due to lightening and stormy weather.
6am on 38lsb i was getting conneticut,nj,ny and a few others up early..then dead till 11;30 and couldnt hear anything on 38lsb and thats strange for me..till jamaica came in like he was right here..then nothing rest of the day till now..now trinidad is kicking but in my radio..same normal guy as always..also talked 100 miles south of me to tampa and that hasnt happend in a long time.
my quad is aimed north and we had a phone quality talk a few minutes that far away off the back side of the beam..never knew that could happen till today.

Man I talk to a couple guys near you Johnny9, just east of crystal river. I can't remeber the numbers off the top of my head but I want to say it's 305? I'll have to look.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.