• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

let the skip begin on 11 meters

Been hearing Tampa and spring hill all the way over here in Daytona! Last night heard 488 in Tampa. The skip was rolling just a bit ago and may still be, I'm not on right this min.

Reactions: 918Oklahoma
I was in Tampa today and had the Cherokee AH100 set up mobile. When I hopped 275 North in Manatee County towards the Skyway, 147 in Clearwater came booming in. Lots of skip came rolling in from the northeast, and so did several Wisconsin stations, while I was on the stretch from Manatee County into St. Pete.

Thays crazy, i always hear other Oklahoma stations getting their numbers called, but i cant actually hear the station themselves... That was until Sunday, conditions were so good that i heard a Tulsa station (50 miles south) faintly calling out even through the traffic, that was very cool on a horizontal dipole. Hobie made a contact with him

When you get your vertical setup you may be able to talk to him. You will be suprised I will say that!

Man I talk to a couple guys near you Johnny9, just east of crystal river. I can't remeber the numbers off the top of my head but I want to say it's 305? I'll have to look.
Man I talk to a couple guys near you Johnny9, just east of crystal river. I can't remeber the numbers off the top of my head but I want to say it's 305? I'll have to look.
thats right,,jim 305,,but now is bluesky 468,,and steve 142,terrance world radio 700,and everyone talks to 549 nobel..we all just went to breakfast fri morning..i here you now and then but cant get to ya to good ..but fixin to have a rotor and dual polarity on the quad..astroplane is above it at 73ft to the top now..bluesky 106 off the key :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.