• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear Build

I dont know what to say, I am so sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with you and your family. I think the amp is the least thing on our minds right now after hearing this. Please dont worry about us here on this forum just do what you need to. I am so sorry. :(

parts list

sorry to hear about your lose but i added up all parts listed from westgate 197.00 before taxes if you bulit and sold amp for 350 youll do the math sorry had to post this how ever the on hand parts are gonna be hard for some to come by as rat shack sucks around here hope you fell better soon boss.

Ok,my fellow RF'ers,I am doing much better now,,,and sorry for the extra long delay,but the loss was extra difficult for me to deal with.
I am asking if any of you want me to continue with this project or not....I will check back in a few day's and do a head count.

Thanks to a certain group of y'all for the word's at my time of need...They were very apprieciated...

rfpowerman 8)

hum

glad to hear your doing better lets git-r-done cause i wanna got-r-did lol cdx 308 saied that lol

I belive there are definately alot more reading here than posting. Regardless I would say go ahead whether all of the parts are in hand or not it will all be documented to that they can catch up or what have you. Then agin it may be like me and just reading to take more in. Variety makes the world go round right?

Ok,,,Fella's,,,sorry,I was gonna put some images up on my site,But,,,,my site seems to be having trouble that i was not aware of.I will try to figure out how to post the images in here,i guess....
Anyway,,,,we should get started by mid week...

First up is how to mark the board for the "dremmel assault"...lol

I will try to get this up today or tomorrow....then i should be able to put up 2 steps a week....

If thats ok...dont want to move everyone along too fast...and i want to include images with each step,,,incase we loose some peep's.That way they can keep in step with the pic's..

Posting soon

rfpoweman 8)

Step one is one the way,,,,having some issues with getting the images up....i'll get it though...just hang in there Fella's...

I guess i'll put them up on a image server i use sometimes and add links to them.I would like it better to have them show up on the post....

Patients please !

rfpowerman 8)

Art Work and Layout

Ok,,,I didnt get a reply to a question i asked,from someone.So I am gonna try to get these up.It might be the wrong way,,,,but it's what i could figure out...lol
If the photo's dont show up....then just C&P the links to your browser.

Here we go..

Step 1
These are the tools needed for this step..

110541848_bef812e030.jpg

We have a "ruler/straight edge" This is what i like because it's stainless steel,and that means it will be straight...A "Dremel Tool", a engraving cutter #106(from Dremel) a "Sharpie" that has the ultra fine point...Another example of a straight edge.I cant stress enough that all this has to be straight....so take your time with the 'art work" and get it right...I felt that this was the simplest way to mark your board..Most of you probly dont want to learn how to make "transparencies" and how to "etch" at this time...
I built a "CNC" router to cut my boards...which is another story...lol

Step 2

110541850_430d23bf40.jpg

Take an old transistor or a new one,it does'nt realy matter...and mark it as the photo.Use the "fine" tip end of the "Sharpie".Mark the flanges and the ceramic as shown...

Step 3

110541852_04eb8f3ed1.jpg

Set the transistor in the cut outs on the board....

Step 4

110541851_b5ab04e952.jpg

In this step we are going to give our art work the center lines.This is why we marked the transistor,to use it as a template...
Now these marks are what centers every other line up...SO....get it right !
You will make these marks 1/8 in. long, and use the "extra fine" point of the "Sharpie"..I know this look's boring,,,but it has to be done...lol and done correctly !

Step 5

110541853_79b6b47927.jpg

Now this is an example of what these measurements will give you...

Use your straight edge to make these lines straight..
Lay the board out with the 2 cut outs for the drivers closest to you....as in the photo....
Now "vertical" is up and down,,,,and horizontal is like when your laying in bed with the wife or girlfriend....and just to be politiclly correct,,maybe your boyfriend....lol...anyway,,,you get the picture,,,,right? it's left to right....ok!

Now,start on the left cut out and make a line from the bottom of the 1/8 in. line you alredy have,,,and make a "vertical" line 3/8th in long..Repeat this on the remaining 3 lower flange marks..Now do the same 3/8th in. long line using the upper flange marks,,,also in a vertical line...

Now,,,take your straight edge and place it under those lines,,,in a "horizontal" and make a line across the bottom and across the top....not extending past your "vertical" lines...

Ok,,,now,,,place your straight edge "vertical" and line it up with the vertical line off the lower flange,,and use this position to connect your vertical lines to the left marks made on the ceramic of the transistor....Now line the straight edge up on the right ones,,,and connect those...Now either use a steady free hand to connect the void's or i like to use the straight edge and lay it diagonal and finish up the lines...I think you see what i'm talkin about from the photo...Also remember that if ya make a mistake,,,stop,,,and use rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to clean it off,,,it will come right off..Be sure to dry it off before ya try again...
Now if you have done it correctly then you will have a measurement of 1 and 1/2 in. from top and bottom vertical lines...and your pad's will be about 13/16th in. across....and 3 7/8th in. from side to side
Check yourself !

Step 6

110541855_f11213efe2.jpg

This photo shows your already lined out pads for the tramsistors and also the next step...The pad's for input transformers and for the B+ for the output transformers.
Starting with the input side,which is the side closest to you,,remember where the 2 empty cut outs are...
Now take your straight edge and position it "vertical" and line it up with the far left vertical line,,,and measure down 1/4in. make a mark....now,,,continue down to 3/8 in. and make a mark..do the same on the far right side...Now lay the straight edge horizontal and connect the 2 marks at top and the same at the bottom.....now use the far ouside vertical lines to line up and connect the 2 horizontal line,,vertically...
dont worry about the spaces inbetween right now....
Now for the B+,,,either turn the board or,just measure from the top,,,whatever ya want,,,just get the measurements correct..
Laying the straight edge vertical again,,,go out from the top 1in. and mark,,then continue out 1 1/2 in. and mark.. do this on both left and right,,again,,just like the ones for the input..
Now position "horizontal" and connect as before...
Place an "X" between the pad's if ya like to let you know,"X"= Dont cut !

Ok,,,now to be sure ya have it,,,,the distance from the top of the "B+" pad to the bottom of the "input pad's" should be 3 and 3/4th in.. and from left to right,,you should have 3 and 7/8th in.

If ya have those and it look's like the photo....Then "Congradulations" you have completed step one!
If not,,,then get out the alcohol and paper towls,,and do it again....

Next in "step 2" we will cut the board out,,,"Free Hand" with our Dremel...

Post any questions here,,,and if anyone can tell me how to get the photo's in the post...please do so...Also i will appoligize for any "typo's" now,,,and dont tell me about them....it will just slow me down...lol :LOL:

Cheer's

rfpowerman 8)

NIce detail on the layout....
and nice instructions...easy to follow for the beginers...
But isnt that a "fatboy" 2x4 board???
or a Westgate board?? = same thing....

You forgot to mention that the pill spacings are 1" exactly
from center to center.... Just thought id through that in....
:)

AM POWER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.