• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Little Pre amp

skybolt58

Nov 9, 2008
Tug Hill NY
Hi I got this Euro CB EPM-27 Pre-Amplifier, I was just wonering if anyone has one? Mine stopped Keying up when the preamp is turned on? and if anyone would know what could be wrong, the preamp works on pulling in the signal and the modulation meter work, just no key up?

H&Y sells them Page 4

The Euro CB EPM-27 is a receive pre-amp and modulation meter correct? You said both the pre-amp and modulation meter work fine. Then explain what you mean by not keying up? Maybe a relay inside that bypasses the pre-amp on tx?

How much power are you or have you run through it?

HA HA gidigy gidigy,

it is 12 volts, yes mod meter and preamp receives, I checked the diodes and transistors adn all seem fine, there is a relay in there it is a FRT2H-S.

HA HA gidigy gidigy,

it is 12 volts, yes mod meter and preamp receives, I checked the diodes and transistors adn all seem fine, there is a relay in there it is a FRT2H-S.

Cheap little relay. I just replaced a similar type in a KL amp. Since H&Y Electronics sells the your pre-amp I bet the also sell parts. Replace the relay. Don't run more than 15 watts throug it and it might last or might not.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks
I only put 2 watts through it, but the swing is like 6-32 watts depending what radio I am switched to.

I Will Check H&Y

cant find much info on it online.

Thanks
I only put 2 watts through it, but the swing is like 6-32 watts depending what radio I am switched to.

I Will Check H&Y

cant find much info on it online.

The unit will only handle 15 watts so running 32 watts, even intermittently, probably fried the relay. The relay is probably going to cost you about $2.50.

Giggedy Goo!!

Just call the H&Y toll free number and ask them to transfer you to their repair tech. He's a nice guy and will tell you if they sell the part. I bough the relay for a KL-203 amp from them. They usually sell parts for the import stuff for which they are the sole US Importer/Distributor.

Linky below. Hope posting the link is allowed :)

Euro preamp + modulometer p4-H&Y Electronics

OH well Here is my reply I got from H&Y

We really have no way of knowing. As these are close-out items, they have no warranty. But, we can reccomend a good tech. His name is Mark and he is in TN. His phone # is 931-307-0156.

Thank you

OH well Here is my reply I got from H&Y

We really have no way of knowing. As these are close-out items, they have no warranty. But, we can reccomend a good tech. His name is Mark and he is in TN. His phone # is 931-307-0156.

Thank you

Yep..That's the guy who repairs their stuff and where I got the relay for the KL-203.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.