• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Live CB Radio

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
This is pretty cool. It is out of Lincoln Neb. Has anyone tried it ? You can receive and transmit via your computer. You have to download a program that configures one of your keys for the PTT. Also you must use IE and not Firefox.

The owner is a Ham and CBer. We have discussed the milage limit for CB several times and this program opens an interesting thing. To be able to transmit remote CB you need permission from the FCC. You have to explain your intentions and then get an FCC # that must be displayed at the remote station. This guy got permission from the FCC to remote CB rx/tx over the internet. They gave permission to allow this remote CB to transmit anyone from anywhere to Lincoln, Neb. thus ignoring the 155.3 mile rule. :D

http://www.livecbradio.com/

software for PTT-
http://livecbradio.com/How to Talk.htm

Yeah we had this before on this forum. When i lived in lincoln u could hear me on it. That was the good ol days. Damn truckers in that town hated us. Symba,Dirty Tank, And I always gave truckers shit. But those days are over since i dont live in lincoln anymore. But if anyone ever hears symba on the air tell him CDX197 From lincoln says Hi.

Well, I just think it's neat to be able to do this but also it amazes me that the FCC ignored their own milage rule when granting this permission.

internet cb

I tried that download, goes smooth but then you have to have an hour download of directx, a lot of space taken up, didnt go much further

doctor

let me know when you will be near JFK
i am only a matter of a few miles from there on the nj side
(between newark airport and JFK)

Later

It is interesting that the legality of this website was a result of a complaint to the FCC by a Ham from a post in QRZ. He wanted it shutdown. Below is the owners account of what took place in the thread at QRZ. I guess the complaint backfired.

I have been in communication with the big guy from the F double C. We went over the complaint Danny made. No big deal, the overall attitude seems that crap like this is a hassle to them. Petty Crapola...

I told him that I am seeking permission for voip "Wireline Control" of a cb radio. As stated in part 95.

Sec. 95.217 (b) You may operate an transmitter by wireline remote control if you obtain specific approval in writing from the FCC. To obtain FCC approval, you must show why you need to operate your station by wireline remote control.
All that the big guy was concearned with was making sure that we run legal radio equipment. I assured him that we would and gave him the FCC id numbers off the radios. And the reason he wanted those was to snuff out any further complaints. These people are not to be bothered with this petty tripe it sounds to me.

So its good. The only set back is I need to run a seperate reciever and transmitter, both FCC type approved. Done Deal...Because there are not too many CB with electronic relay switching(recieve with mic unplugged)....prevents sound card voltage loop....

So, I am in business. And after all this fuss, nothing has changed! Thanks goes to the polite hams from QRZ that emailed me advice on how to resolve this issue without problem. Life goes on and my business here is done. Thanks for the hundreds of hits to my counter. You guys have done well. And just because I have decided to do this by the book from now on, does not mean I am going to be a nit picking obsessive tattle tail like most of you lot.

Cheers!

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=8dab2b4e9d0591dffc22cedff4d60719;act=ST;f=7;t=98090;st=75

live cb radio england

I heard there is another on the net live cb radio england, anyone know that web address?

doctor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.