• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LMAO IVE SEEN IT ALL NOW the RCI-TLM1 MP3 PLAYER IN A CB?? GOOD LORD

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Way to go RCI on taking care of all the things that were not in a cb radio that needed to be there of the most importance. You stopped to see my thread so Im sharing this important info on a most needed feature LMAO here ya go

RCI-TLM1
[SIZE=+3]

[/SIZE]

Have all the radio manufacturers forgot about SSB? :thumbdown:

You can't throw a dead cat without hitting an AM only radio.

Have all the radio manufacturers forgot about SSB? :thumbdown:

You can't throw a dead cat without hitting an AM only radio.

Tell me about it. I came back to the hobby after a long hiatus wanting to buy a new President Lincoln, and found out there is no current replacement for it on the new market.

I thought to myself, "jeez, I guess people don't use sideband anymore..." but that isn't exactly true. In fact, I hear more "locals" on SSB (regularly) than I did seven years ago. Oh well, maybe we have to wait for 10-11 meter propagation to roll in...

SSB Radios aren't selling and haven't past few years. RCI isn't selling many 2950DX's these days. They are not interested in spending the money to bring new models to the market that they cannot move a large qty in.

Maybe if they would take all the bells and whistles off and build a simple SSB radio, then they would. Most of the radios that Galaxy and Ranger built was about a 6 on a 10 scale and the only selling point was Echo, Talkback, etc.

Get right with the market and the market will get right with you.

I understand what Northpoint is saying, but I also agree with Peddler. I'd be more than happy with a bare bones, easily modifiable, frequency stable radio like the President Lincoln that I can later add talkback or echo to if I want.

You might as well just spend a few hundred more and get a used HF ham rig in decent shape and forget about even considering adding echo or talkback.

Well I think it is the opposite.

The blue displays, bells and whistles is what has been selling, Magnum 257 for example.

The 2950DX has been out awhile, with no changes people lost interest.

The 5054DX has a blue display, put that on the 2950DX and advertise it with the new mosfets, I bet it sells quite well!

People like to see changes thanks to the cell phone craze! So they expect it in the radios also. Thats why the Magnum radios are selling, and offer SSB.

The manufacturers can't sell the SSB radio it if they don't build it the way people want it!

its all about variety , if everyone wanted the same thing only one model of cb radio would be sold .
having said that i think these bluetooth/mp3 radios will appeal to uber geeks and newbies with too much money hypnotised by all the pretty lights .

P.S> Happy Hamer i always forget that bug is your avitar and for half a second im in motion to squish it !! hahahahaha

its all about variety , if everyone wanted the same thing only one model of cb radio would be sold .
having said that i think these bluetooth/mp3 radios will appeal to uber geeks and newbies with too much money hypnotised by all the pretty lights .

(y)

Well I think it is the opposite.

The blue displays, bells and whistles is what has been selling, Magnum 257 for example.

The 2950DX has been out awhile, with no changes people lost interest.

The 5054DX has a blue display, put that on the 2950DX and advertise it with the new mosfets, I bet it sells quite well!

People like to see changes thanks to the cell phone craze! So they expect it in the radios also. Thats why the Magnum radios are selling, and offer SSB.

The manufacturers can't sell the SSB radio it if they don't build it the way people want it!

I know a good exterminator for that bug that's been circling in you avatar for months now. (y)

I can see a TFT display but why oh why an MP3 player!! That's lame!! An SSB base with a full-featured TFT display (like the Icom IC 7800) would work. Maybe display frequency, time, modulation, SWR, power out, S meter, channel....but no MP3 please!!

Last edited:
I talked to sparky at sparkys cb shop and he said that they are comming out with a new 2970dx. bigger and better amplifier. I like my 2950dx just like it is. mp3 player ? blue tooth.? NO THANKS.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.