• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking at CB

980 mobile in my DD, with a little RM-Italy for some "ooomph." Listen for me at 4:30 EST this coming morning - I'm running a friend to the hospital for surgery, so I'll be on for about a half-hour during the trip. :cool:

Problem #1
So, what does a person do to correct this and don't have experience to do this?
When ordering have the CB shop check this and if too high have them lower it?
I have heard some complaints that this radio works great until one day it just dies!
Is this what causes that?
This is one reason for me not to get this radio at this time to see what's causing it.

Problem #2
Again here, have the CB shop check this and if not enough have them put on more heat sink compound?
I have read some are putting fans on to help it keep cooler, they said the finals were getting too hot. Don't know if that really works!
Anyway...... any opinions and suggestions appreciated!
Needing a radio for the truck!

Ask around in your area for a good shop! You can drive the radio with lower mic gain and no long conversations until you get it aligned. However if a shop tells you that you don't need this, run!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.