• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a new CB Radio (SSB).

Mudduckmobile

Oct 5, 2015
S.W. Washington Coast
So I know this is very objective...So.
So I "need" a new SSB radio.
I Have:
RCI 2970N2
RCI 2970N4
OPTIMA MK3 ( Yeti ComNZ)
Midland 79-290
Tram Titan lll + vfo
Pres. Grant
Pres. AR144
SBE Trinidad (sbe-11cb)
Yaesu ft-450D
Yaesu ft-857D
Alinco DX-sr9T
I want very good SSB. I don't give a hoot about AM or FM, just a good SSB Base.
And I don't need a bunch of bells and whistles.
This will be used as a base only.
Thank you for your input.

If you are really talking about expanding your useful collections of radios, then maybe consider the Uniden PC-244. Uniden built thru 'n thru, and very stable in SSB mode (best i'd seen - to date). After rebuilding one that I picked up from eBay needing repair - for cheap - it has proven to be an exceptional respectable radio - IMO.

Last edited:
If you are really talking about expanding your useful collections of radios, then maybe consider the Uniden PC-244. Uniden built thru 'n thru, and very stable in SSB mode. After rebuilding one that I picked up from eBay needing repair - for cheap - it has proven to be an exceptional respectable radio - IMO.
Very nice rig....I am looking for a real Base I don't want to deal with power supplies, and all that. I would just like to put it on the desk in the RV and plug it in....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.