• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking For A Service Manual For A Uniden Pro 538w CB Mobile Radio

danmcclain

Dec 11, 2020
This radio is too new to be in Sams... Would anyone have a copy of this service manual... Dan

Found out my Win 10 machine can't communicate with my 20 year-old flatbed scanners. Turns out FedEx Office (used to be Kinko's) will scan for a modest fee. Today's photocopiers are a flatbed scanner perched atop an enormous multi-format laser printer. None of that "optical" Xerox-tech stuff.

Decided it was worth the thirteen bucks to scan this manual, compared to the price of a large-format flatbed scanner. The expense is deductible, along with any other manuals we buy.

And they format it as a PDF, to boot.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Uniden_PRO538W.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
"Decided it was worth the thirteen bucks to scan this manual, compared to the price of a large-format flatbed scanner. The expense is deductible, along with any other manuals we buy."

A first and never seen before on the Internet document. Woo-hoo! Thanks NOMAD ... and Dan asking the initial query. We should set-up a Go-Fund Me so that you could scan your library of other "never seen before" manuals. BTW, I will run this document through my cleaning software and post the result here.

run this document through my cleaning software
Way cool, Mike. The layout is a bit odd. It was scanned as 17 by 11, to get two pages at a time. They charge by the page.

Would benefit from being cleaned, no doubt. Thanks for the effort.

set-up a Go-Fund Me
I dropped off a tabloid-size title called "Amplifier World" to a local video outfit. They say they can scan that size. That one cost me fifty three bucks. I had a photocopy of that one years ago, but this copy is original. It needs to be out there in computer-friendly form.

I would settle for a no-ad membership here, and call it even at that. I have some unobtanium factory service data that needs to get scanned soon.

Yeah, "soon". We always say that.

Way cool, Mike. The layout is a bit odd. It was scanned as 17 by 11, to get two pages at a time. They charge by the page.

Would benefit from being cleaned, no doubt. Thanks for the effort.

I dropped off a tabloid-size title called "Amplifier World" to a local video outfit. They say they can scan that size. That one cost me fifty three bucks. I had a photocopy of that one years ago, but this copy is original. It needs to be out there in computer-friendly form.

I would settle for a no-ad membership here, and call it even at that. I have some unobtanium factory service data that needs to get scanned soon.

Yeah, "soon". We always say that.

Its something to do in my spare time. I’ll split the pages, and do my enhancement thingy…

Well this is revolting. Just blew up the schemo to try reading component callouts. Apparently scanning it as monochrome reduced the resolution. Makes it look like a FAX document with aliased numbers and letters. Component values and callouts are too mangled to read.

Makes me think I should have scanned the schematic as a color document. Back when I had a working flatbed scanner, I found that scanning a schematic as "gray scale" would preserve fine detail that a "monochrome" scan would just lose.

Live and learn.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.