• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for info on an old obsolete RF transistor

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
The only thing i can find on this transistor is a chinese fake on ebay.

the part number is: 4104P1 and i think it might be a motorola transistor?

it's a "pill" style transistor with a stud on the bottom.

I got two of these, never installed, in a box of CB junk a friend gave me.

this was actually a very good box of "junk" as it also included an old palomar TX100 amplifier that has the 80-10 bandswitch on the back, as well as an outcom "the force" two pill.

thanks for any info anyone can offer.
LC

yes Jeff it looks just like a 455a stud mount. the white cap is 1/2 inch in diameter.

i don't have any plans for it, i am just hoping to find out what amps it might have been used in, and what they might be worth.

i havent tested them yet but i have no reason to believe that they are bad since there is no solder on the tabs.

not even RF parts shows this one!

I have a motorola book at home that might list it. i'll post back if i find anything in there.
LC

Been almost 50 years since I worked for a Motorola land-mobile authorized shop, but that number could be for a Motorola FM 2-way radio. They would print only the last four digits of a 8-digit (IIRC) part number onto the transistor. Cross-reference books would tend to include the whole full-length part number, but the abbreviated four digits printed on the part not so much.

When doing a repair on one of these, you knew the radio model number and had the factory schemo and parts list on hand. That's where the full-length type number would be found, so you could order them from Motorola.

But a naked four-digit? Good luck. Needs someone with first-hand knowledge of the radio it was meant for, maybe?

Reactions: AudioShockwav
thanks for the input nomad!

it looks like this might be a GE transistor?

it seems to have been used in the GE Mastr II repeaters.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.