• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lookking for a good Tech.

sandpiperx

Jan 15, 2010
Denton, Texas USA
Looking for a good Tech.

Hello I am looking for a Good Shop / Tech to do some quality work on my radios and for parts. I am in Denton, Texas north of Dallas but also if there is one that I would have to ship to that would be fine also. I would rather have quality and pay for it then convenience. Any thoughts would be great..

Mark

Last edited:

David Bupp at DTB Radio.
Richard Byrd at SS8541 Electronics.
Sparky's CB Shack (Doug?).

All three are known to be very thorough, professional, and have the proper test equipment to do the work to spec.

Thank you so much for all the help.. I think this is a good start. I am sure one these places will do just fine.. I am surprised I have looked here on the net and cannot find a shop worth a crap in or around Dallas.. I am sure there is one just a well hidden secret..

Mark

there is no doubt there is a shortage of qualified techs. hard to find someone that has the right equipment and even at that the right equipment that properly calibrated and they know how to use properly. also trying to find some one that has a back ground in electronic enginering and not sum cber that might be pretty good at soldering & reading sams books that does swing mods he gets from the web site cb i tricked you.com all the guys mentiond have good reputations as well as William @ Rolling Radios in Richmond VA. he gets radios from all lover the US. & Canada. i have never heard anybody say anything bad at all about his work.

Thank you all for the great info and I have all these outfits locked in. it is nice to know there is some quality shops out there. Just trying to weed through gets a little stupid at times.. Still life is good ..

Markip

Actually thats not correct. Sparkys cb shop is still a good choice. Doug however no longer works there. He has started his own shop in Indiana call CBR (custom cb radios). So my list of tech is like this.

1) DTB Radio
2) Custom cb Radio
3) Sparkys cb Shack
4) 8541 Electronics
5) Bobs cb

Rolling Radios is a heck of a good guy and will help anyone. If you have a very complex problem, need a complete alignment, or he just can't fix it he outsources that work. No biggie I guess but thats the deal.

That is a GOOD List!
I did a little research on 3 of them and pasted and copied it with the others. I think I have enough to run a little while but the more info the better and I can compare.. I am sure there are plenty of other people that will read this and have very useful info.... It helps to deal and work with quality people and business. I own and run a small outfit here in Texas and stated before I would rather pay a little more upfront and get it right the first time.

Markip

what kind of radios do you have ? there are some guys out there that specialize in certian radios . for example ...... Doc is supposed to the THE MAN when it comes to the 2600/2510's

I have what is a rci built for galaxy DX 2527. A galaxy 99v. and a cobra 21 with a 300 watt pill box. I test in March for my tech class. Maybe step into a ham radio Maybe not. Working on my crazy Antenna set up first. I kinda of jumped back in wanted to do this years ago ..Life got in the way and now it has moved to the side and having some fun,

Markip

Good point there Booty. Bobs cb and Rolling Radios are good with Magnum radio's as another example.

I have what is a rci built for galaxy DX 2527. A galaxy 99v. and a cobra 21 with a 300 watt pill box. I test in March for my tech class. Maybe step into a ham radio Maybe not. Working on my crazy Antenna set up first. I kinda of jumped back in wanted to do this years ago ..Life got in the way and now it has moved to the side and having some fun,

Markip

BTW, I have had my "ticket" for 12 years now and you are not missing anything other than some cool DX. Me personally, I have just recently got back into "Charlie Bravo" I miss the informal DX sessions and affordable gear!
Not to mention, HAM just can't give you a live traffic report or smokey 10-20 like CB 19 can.

Very good .. I have always want to get the ticket for the sake of just doing it. There are some areas I really want to work once its done, But I still love to work 11 meter for all it worth...

There are some people I would to get a chance to talk to on the amateur side. that I only can scan in now. Its a goal that I am working on..

Markip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned