• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Loudest Export radio out today?

Yep, I'd have to vote for anything with the EPT3600 chassis. (General Lee, Connex 3300, etc. including my favorite - the SuperStar 3900)

Now for really nice, clean sounding AM, I vote for the Uniden export dual-conversion SSB chassis. (President Grant Classic/George, etc.)

Of course nothing much beats a Johnson Viking II plate-modulated transmitter with some audio mods and a Thunderbolt amp.... :LOL:

" Of course nothing much beats a Johnson Viking II plate-modulated transmitter with some audio mods and a Thunderbolt amp.... "

That says it all right there. Thats all a local oldtimer used to use and he would just smoke. That loud clank from the relays and then you know that loud audio was next. RIP Larry aka Grandfather Clock.

AC5CH said:
Yep, I'd have to vote for anything with the EPT3600 chassis. (General Lee, Connex 3300, etc. including my favorite - the SuperStar 3900)

Now for really nice, clean sounding AM, I vote for the Uniden export dual-conversion SSB chassis. (President Grant Classic/George, etc.)

Of course nothing much beats a Johnson Viking II plate-modulated transmitter with some audio mods and a Thunderbolt amp.... :LOL:

I agree especially with the 4300-300 doing a whopping 600 watts. :shock: Like mine. :D

4600 Turbo,

Wow, that is a lot of power! Your radio has the same main board as my favorite export - the SuperStar 3900 gold (EPT3600-14C). I've got two of those, and wouldn't get rid of them for just about anything,

I'll bet your radio really screams with the four SD1446s in it!

Man, I'm gonna have to save up my pennies and buy one of those! :shock:

AC5CH said:
4600 Turbo,

Wow, that is a lot of power! Your radio has the same main board as my favorite export - the SuperStar 3900 gold (EPT3600-14C). I've got two of those, and wouldn't get rid of them for just about anything,

I'll bet your radio really screams with the four SD1446s in it!

Man, I'm gonna have to save up my pennies and buy one of those! :shock:

The 1446's have been changed to 2879's and the radio does scream! :D

With the SD1446's It did 325 watts on high and I thought that when I put the 2879's in it. I wasn't getting the wattage that it was suppose to, since the meter I was using was reading about 400 to 425 watts, but I just put on good couple of meters and It showed a peek of 600 watts. :shock: Believe me I'm extremely happy with the change now. :D

I have a General Grant here that was tuned by Cobraworxshopz in the UK and thats working well, loud with the astatic mike and the receive is fantastic

73s Simon

thats a lot of heat inside that little box ill bet.

The 1446's have been changed to 2879's and the radio does scream!

With the SD1446's It did 325 watts on high and I thought that when I put the 2879's in it. I wasn't getting the wattage that it was suppose to, since the meter I was using was reading about 400 to 425 watts, but I just put on good couple of meters and It showed a peek of 600 watts. Believe me I'm extremely happy with the change now.

loud!

We'll i have a galaxy 33hml that dead keys 7 watts on high,like it's supposed to!,and it has very good reports around pratt,swings to 20 watts, and thats good enough for me.It depends on antenna swr's,grounding is a must,and use a good mic.Depends what day it was made to,hahahahaha quality control has to be on guard to. :shock: later bigun297 in the flatlands of ks,seeya.

Re: loud!

bigun297 said:
We'll i have a galaxy 33hml that dead keys 7 watts on high,like it's supposed to!,and it has very good reports around pratt,swings to 20 watts, and thats good enough for me.It depends on antenna swr's,grounding is a must,and use a good mic.Depends what day it was made to,hahahahaha quality control has to be on guard to. :shock: later bigun297 in the flatlands of ks,seeya.
7 watts DK thats it??? MY CB does that LOL. seems to kind of defeat the purpose of an export in my opinion.

I have read a lot about whose radio is the loudest and I have to say that it really makes not sense. The connex and general lee are the same radio with the same echo board that produce the loudest audio I have ever heard, base or mobile. Galaxy makes a great echo board, but nothing clears the airways as a connex or general lee. The part I don't understand are the replies of "my radio is the loudest,connex 4300,4600, bla..bla..bla..". This is crazy talk for they use the same board and the audio quality is the same across the connex 3300 through the 4600; the only difference that one could state with certainty is that there radio might be more powerful and have an extra mile or 2 of range over the lower models. By far of the thousands of radios base and mobile,tube or transistor-the connex and general lee most definitely have the clearest, loudest key-up audio when properly tuned. This isn't from working just in the shop and peak and tuning them, this is both peak and tuning them as well as driving over a million miles and talking to drivers across the country in real life listening to all of these radios. They might have a bad or a good set-up but giving a well set up unit that is my opinion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.