• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lower DK for President Teddy R ?

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
im trying to lower the deadkey on a president tedddy r.. does anyone no how or have a link that can help me with this mod..was doing a little experimenting on the radio to lower the dk..well i found a jumper around the final section and tried the familiar jp 36 mod and it did lower the dk but i lost all of the forward swing..still have plenty of modulation just no forward swing..i believe the jumper on the teddy was jp 5..thanks for any help..

are you just wanting to lower the dead key or are you wanting to do a swing mod like the jp36 on a cobra. L12 will lower the dead key. if you do not have a service manual you can use the cobra 29 XLR manual for this radio.

remove the jumper wire/plug labeled TP2 and insert the resistor/cap mod there (make sure the negative side of the electrolytic capacitor is going towards the driver transistor), or you can put more 1n4003 diodes in series with D11.
each diode will cut the voltage by another .7 volts, so just try one or two and figure out from there how many you will need to get where you are going.

the diodes in series with D11 will not decrease your modulation swing.
LC

link to schematic:http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/president/teddy_r/teddy-r_sch.pdf

Last edited:
im trying to match it to a amp i dont think L-12 will lower it enough.. any info on the swing mod would be great..thanks for the info

was posting while you where loosecannon.. thanks alot..im just a doit yourselfer.. im headed back to the bench right now. i will let you all know how it goess.. thanks alot

winner/winner chicken dinner... loosecannons mod was spot on for the President Teddy R... only thing was my radio didnt actually have a jumper or plug in the spot marked tp2..the markings were there just no holes for parts.. i broke the trace on the solder side..drilled two tiny holes (smallest bit i could find 1/16 inch) on each side of the trace i broke.. fed the cap thru and soldered resistor on solder side of the board.. thanks alot to Loosecannon it works great

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.