• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Made a Moxon for my HT

Did some more testing. Definitely works better vertically. My first test was on identical radios but the one with the telescopic had an almost dead battery doh. Performance is about the same between the two but that's with me holding the moxon over my head and no way to measure swr. Be interesting to get it up in the air though.

I have some 10 awg left over. Maybe enough for a 1/4 GP...

Did some more testing. Definitely works better vertically. My first test was on identical radios but the one with the telescopic had an almost dead battery doh. Performance is about the same between the two but that's with me holding the moxon over my head and no way to measure swr. Be interesting to get it up in the air though.

I have some 10 awg left over. Maybe enough for a 1/4 GP...
Not sure why you would even want to use it horizontal as 99% FM coms on two meters is vertical.

Not sure why you would even want to use it horizontal as 99% FM coms on two meters is vertical.
Besides a stock cb and some walkie talkies as a kid, I've only been into the radio hobby for about a year now. I started experimenting with antennas on 11 meter and they were all horizontal. It was simply an oversight when I built my first antenna for GMRS. I figured it out quick enough. I don't work 2 meter as I'm not licensed yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.