• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAGNUM 257 HP Review

I am about to purchase one of these, it's a new one. Do the newer models have any issues I should be aware of, seems like a heck of a radio for the money. I like the compact design. I can get the radio shipped for $220. Is this a fair price and is it worth it?? Don't want to buy one to have it in the shop a lot. It will be a mobile application as well. If there are any other 10-11 meter radios that perform like this could someone list a couple that are good, price isn't so much am issue, but I do need it to use for the cb channels as well as I travel a lot. Thanks for any help, really have been looking at the magnum 257hp bout to pull the trigger and want to be sure it's worth it. Again thanks for any and all info and god bless.

222DBFL not sure if they got all the production issues fixed but I'm sure by now they must have. There was a production run that got here late 2011 into 2012 and they all had a problem but since then I haven't heard of any problems. Actually I have a late production one here with the Talk Back option and it works great

Attachments

• Magnum 257HP Mine.jpg
    Magnum 257HP Mine.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
Is that the HP model or the regular one?? I think the ones i am looking at are newer models of the 257HP. Seems like a good radio, and seems to fit what I need, but I don't want problems as I travel often and need reliability as well.

The one I am looking at has the TB in the model/ serial number area but I was told they were purchased about 6 weeks ago, are these a newer model perhaps without the issues?? I really would like to have one but don't want something that is going to give me problems, I won't be modding it in any way, if that matters. If anyone can help I would appreciate it much.

I haven't noticed whose selling the new units with talkback. Keep in mind, there are plenty of sellers peddling old stock. It's very possible to get a NEW, older stock, problem plagued radio.

He said he has sold quite a few and never had one returned. If they are a newer radio then they should be okay I would think. Just not 100% sure is all lol.

if buying on ebay seller NAMOU , has the latest version with talkback, I called the seller for a friend and he took one out of the box and checked, it has the talkback paperwork attached to the radio

And is the soldering of the con ports very hard? I can solder pretty good but don't want to ruin a good radio either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.