• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAGNUM S6

C

CDX424

Have had this radio about 30 days or so, only problem that I see is, front end overload, no other way to describe it.

Export Market is saturated and the price of the S6 is going to have to come down for it to sell. The radio works fine.

NorthStar said:
Export Market is saturated and the price of the S6 is going to have to come down for it to sell. The radio works fine.
Especially when the Stryker line hits.
Very good, your post implied a problem.
What kills me is the lack of insight from manufacturers in terms of a good SSB radio that rocks on both AM and SSB in a affordable package.
The company that fills the Grant vacuum wins.
Hello, are you listening? (Not you Northstar, I know you are lol.... ;) )

I completely agree 100%. I am pushing hard with the guys behind stryker for ssb radio to make it this year. But I want a CPU Controlled SSB Radio. That creates a big problem right there. SSB radio sales are down and no one is willing to put the money into developing a new board etc. Now Cobra did time will tell on how they do. Couple weeks ago I was told that Ranger has been talking about building a new AM/FM Export radio later this year. They discontinued the 2985DX's but after demand from Dealers they have brought it back. But they are not keeping up with the demand so their out of stock now till Late August. Why build 50 when you sell 75 a month?

NorthStar said:

What do you base that on ? I dont know what is causing my issue, fact is it's doing it.
Go ahead and tell me it's fine.

I did not mean your radio works fine. The S6's I seen work fine. You may try contacting Magnum. They may have seen it before.

NorthStar said:
I did not mean your radio works fine. The S6's I seen work fine. You may try contacting Magnum. They may have seen it before.

Sorry if I came off a little cranky, bad day.

Magnum S-6

Hey, I just bought one of these radios last week. All I can say is, so far, so good. I like the radio. It sounds fantastic and receives really well. Any thoughts on quality from someone who has owned one for a while? I run an Astatic 636 on it, Topgun switched off, mic gain about 3 O'clock (maybe just past).

Update-I bought an RK56 and a driver I run with swore there was no way it was a Road King. Just thought it was funny.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.