• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maverick 250 help needed

225rajuncajun

Apr 27, 2012
i just got a maverick 250,i got it from a friend who just passed away.i know nothing about it an there is no tubes in the inside.im new to the forum an would like any info on what tubes does it take or some type of manul.he took the tubes out to get them checked an they were not found.it did work before he pulled the tubes out.also does anyone know of a radio shop or person that works on tube linears or radios(yaseu 101ee) needs work.thanks.

I believe the tubes you seek are the dreaded and desirable 6LQ6's. TV sweep tubes from the past.

However, if you have some basic electronics knowledge and can use Google there is a mod out there to convert the amp to use more available and cheaper tubes.

Be advised that you must use due caution when working on any tube amp. Voltages inside are lethal. You must discharge the large filter caps with a 'chicken stick' and of course unplug the amp. Have fun . . .

4 driver tubes are 6jt6a. 4 finals are 6lq6/ 6je6a or 6mj6 (heavy duty 6lq6). 6jr6, 6jg6a tubes will also work as drivers, but thier filament current is a little higher. HIGH VOLTAGE IS LETHAL! discharge large capacitors to ground with a chicken stick as stated in other post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: