• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Messenger amp help

Starman

May 11, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a Messenger M4V amp and every time I key up the amp it sticks on transmit. I have to turn the amp off and then back on. I'm driving the amp with a RCI 2950. I'm running 10 watts into the amp. I've tried a different 2950 and jumpers and it don't help. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks, Starman

I have a Messenger M4V amp and every time I key up the amp it sticks on transmit. I have to turn the amp off and then back on. I'm driving the amp with a RCI 2950. I'm running 10 watts into the amp. I've tried a different 2950 and jumpers and it don't help. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks, Starman
Either the keying transistor is leaky or the relay is sticking. If the keying transistor is leaky, just replace it. If it's the relay, examine it carefully especially the contacts. They might need cleaning. Make sure the spring is still good.

On my MV4 I'm only driving it with 4 watts to get it's peak. I'm just wondering if maybe driving it with 10 watts may have led to this problem you are having now. Once you get it fixed I would use a good meter and check to make sure you are not over driving it.

A lot of MV4's have been re worked over the years and have been set up to drive with more watts, it all depends on how old yours is and the history on it if you know it or not.

They are great boxes to run though when they are working properly.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Cotton Mouth.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.