• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Messy Maco 750 resurrection

We adopted the habit of converting this version to cathode drive. More details to that than I'll try to post here, but that just proved more stable in the hands of a customer than the grid-drive "hot-rod" circuit.

This version has one intention behind it. To burn rubber!

We adopted the habit of converting this version to cathode drive. More details to that than I'll try to post here, but that just proved more stable in the hands of a customer than the grid-drive "hot-rod" circuit.

This version has one intention behind it. To burn rubber!

Played with it a bit last night, I removed that disc cap coming off that coil tuner which allowed a -102 vdc of bias to pins 5 on the drivers, tested it out for a bit then put my better driver tubes in since I had trust it wouldn't red plate them, it ran stable but of coarse it wasn't putting out it's full potential but I saw 400 watts off a cobra 29 on high.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.