• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

metering

Crusher

May 12, 2007
Louisville, KY
built an amp and almost finished recently. anyways i installed plate and grid current metering. plus installed jack on bottom to monitor bias or filament voltage. anyways the plate current meter shows nothing while the grid current meter is showing me alot. Set up as B-, passes thru plate current meter (in series). After the plate meter, i run a wire that goes to bias circuit and another wire that goes to grid meter. other side of grid meter is grounded to case. any ideas or suggestions on what may or may not be going on. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yeah similar to, but after plate meter, leg goes off to diode string that then feeds cathode of tube. grid same then to ground. b- floated at power supply. didnt put anything to float it between meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.