• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic emits sound

Hobo Wyvern

Jan 27, 2017
I have a realistic amplified dynamic desk mic (21-1173) that has started emitting a "clucking" sound when I release the PTT lever. (OK I know I just opened this thread for a boat load of mud ducking commits with that clucking sound.....but that is what it sounds like.....a hen or rooster clucking). The sound comes out of the radio speaker as if I were using talkback (the radio does not have talkback). If I release the PTT lever slowely it doesn't happen.
It is a power mic but the sound happens regardless whether the batteries are in or not. It is extremely loud. It is a 5 pin model being used on a TRC-495. I know it is not the radio as other mics work fine. People on the receiving end do not hear the sound. I have tried cleaning the mic with no luck. Otherwise the mic works fine. Any help? Thanks in advance.

You cleaned the PTT switch? And with what?? Sounds like it's just dirty contacts. Post up some pics of the inside of the mic and the PTT switch and I am sure someone will be able to help. Hope you get it working correctly again!! Have a good one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.