• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mic hand switch

The easiest would be to wire a female Stereo jack pigtail to the inside of your mic connector.

pRS1C-2265986w345.jpg

That is what they do with the Heil mic cords. It will look like this-

sonwatcher-albums-my-shack-other-meanderings-picture1668-pigtail.jpg
[/IMG]

I believe one wire of the pigtail solders to the Ground pin and the other solders to the Tx pin of the mic connector.

Then just plug the phono plug on the hand switch into the female phono pigtail.

The only thing I can think of is to unsolder the Tx wire in your connector from the mic. Somehow wire it to the Tx wire from the pigtail that goes to the PTT switch. Take the slide clamp

sonwatcher-albums-my-shack-other-meanderings-picture1673-d104.jpg

that is on the squeeze bar all the way up to activate Tx on the mic. The PTT switch will then make the Tx connection in the connector when pressed and activate the mic.

If you wire in parallel it will work with either the mic PTT or whatever momentary SPST normally open switch you jack into that adapter.

I have the switch to a pinball flipper drilled through my desk, wired in parallel with a Heil foot switch so I can use either one of them to key any of the rigs I have hooked up to my mic/rig/ptt switch box.

It depends entirely on what that switch on the microphone switches when pushed. If it's only the 'keying-line', then a separate hand/foot switch should work just dandy. It that mic-switch also keys other things, then you're going to have problems if that hand/foor switch won't also key those 'other things'.
Can it be done? Sure, that hand/foot switch just has to do that 'other' switching too. If I'm not mistaken, that Heil hand switch is just a single contact switch, only switches one line. If you can find a multiple contact switch, put it into a hand-held thingy of some sort, it should work. Depending on how bad you need/want a separate hand switch, you can certainly work up a way of doing it. May not be all that 'simple', but it's certainly do-able.
- 'Doc

What I was looking at with the specified D-104 is that it will not "talk" unless the contacts are engaged by pressing the squeeze bar on the neck. Using the slide clamp accomplishes this. By disconnecting the Tx wire from the mic connector from the mic and attaching it to the hand switch seems like it would keep it from "talking" until the hand switch is engaged . That way the clamp always keeps Tx enabled on the mic but only "talk" when the hand switch is engaged.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.