• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

midnight special or davemade

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
been looking at getting a four pill amp for my stryker 490..midnight special 500 or davemade 400 both amps have the same pills in them (2879's)..the midnight special is rated at 500 but it seems the pep input is to low for my 490..the davemade is rated at 800 + and will handle my stryker output.. what is the difference in these two amps as far as max input ratings and the difference between max output power on both amps..will not be volting the amp will be running on stock mack alternator with 3 batteries.. any info on ECU interfernce would also be nice..have been told that to much rf could fry the computer on the the truck..is this true or false

Your kinda in a catch 22 now. The reason these high powered radio's came out was so people could run barefoot with decent wattage. To add an amp now you will have to make sure you can properly feed the amp, radio, and truck. Plus your antenna system will have to be spot on, and the amp install done up right.

If you had say a 35 watt radio adding a small little 2 pill 300 watt amp would be cake. As far as the question, I suppose the Davemade amp is the better amp. The midnight special line was intended as a lower priced option. They are both class C which for me is no longer what I would want to run.

thanks for the reply..from what i have read on here and other internet sites it seem that you only need a class ab when you use sideband..and that some of those amps that claim to be class ab are not really class ab untill further mods have been done to them..im sure there was a thread on here that explained why they wernt really class ab amps..i hade a palomar 450 with 4- 1446 pills in it that said it was a class ab and i sold it becuase i thought i was driving it to hard...made some conntacts all over the U.S. with it but it would get hotter than a firecracker..any info on protecting the ECM on my truck or why or how that amps affect them would be appreciated

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.