• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mikes channel board info?

you're entitled to feel as ignored as you like, just as you are free to opine on what a business owner should and should not be doing with their free time.

I'm not here to defend Mike, and my only goal here is to help you get your radio back.

I still don't think you are being ignored any more than any other person who emails Mike and doesn't get a response.
He has stated that he is 4 to 5 months behind on radio work. that could mean that your radio would just now be getting to the bench.

I understand the frustration, which is why im suggesting that you start emailing him EVERY DAY. not just a few times a week at random times.
think about it; if he is not scanning through all the emails he's getting each day, then your emails stand just as good a chance as everyone else's of not getting answered.

my suggestion is that you email him each day, and try to be the last email he gets at night, so that you'll be the first email that he sees in the morning because you'll be at the top of the list.
maybe email him at midnight every night or something like that.

have you tried asking him on his youtube channel?
I have asked a few questions on there and gotten responses in a few days.

one thing i feel comfortable saying is that Mike is not trying to steal your radio, and he did not mess it up and is afraid to tell you. He is a collector, and most likely has 10 of the radios you sent him in better condition than yours. (unless you sent him a Stoner Pro40, in which case he probably only has about three of them)

best of luck.
LC

You claim you're not here to defend Mike but yet you continue to try and defend him with lame excuses.

According to Mike per one of his recent YouTube videos his current turnaround time is: Hard to tell. Sometimes the "easy" little jobs turn into week long restoration projects. With what I currently have any where from a couple weeks to a month+.

Sorry but a paying (repeat) customer shouldn't have to e-mail a reputable radio tech. everyday for weeks or months on end to get his radio back.

I never tried to imply that Mike is trying to steal and/or that he messed up my radio, but what I am implying is that his customer service/communication skills are terrible. :(

I have no dog in the hunt but having run a successful "home" business for a while I can say that communication in vital. I had my biz before the days of social media and instant gratification, it was all done by answering machines and later voice mail. I always made it a point to call back any clients by eob the day they called. If the guy has had his rig since August (too long in my opinion) and is not keeping in contact then I scream foul here. I get that we are only hearing one side of the story but in business bad "press" is never good.

don't get mad at me bro.

I'm the only one here even trying to pay attention to your complaints.
I'm the only one who has offered you any advice towards getting your radio back.

You want to turn your vitriol towards me now?
screw you dude. I don't give two sh!ts about Mike's business practices and customer service skills. My ONLY goal was to help a fellow forum member who seemed to have no other recourse than to complain here.

you are now truly on your own.
some people...
LC

don't get mad at me bro.

I'm the only one here even trying to pay attention to your complaints.
I'm the only one who has offered you any advice towards getting your radio back.

You want to turn your vitriol towards me now?
screw you dude. I don't give two sh!ts about Mike's business practices and customer service skills. My ONLY goal was to help a fellow forum member who seemed to have no other recourse than to complain here.

you are now truly on your own.
some people...
LC

Help? I don't remember asking for yours or anyone elses help or advice. I was merely stating a FYI fact about Mikes poor customer service on a thread about MikesRadioRepair.

I never considered your attempts in trying to defend or making lame excuses for Mike as help anyway. The only person who can really help me is Mike himself by returning my radio that he's had in his shop since last August.

Have a nice day!

Then someone starts a new thread "Any good techs that take mail in's"

With the little pay and constant bravo sierra, why does anyone do that job?
Thats why for many it's a HOBBY and not a BUISNESS.
The best tech I know sums it up. "Every minute I work on this crap I lose money."

Sorry but a paying (repeat) customer shouldn't have to e-mail a reputable radio tech. everyday for weeks or months on end to get his radio back.

I never tried to imply that Mike is trying to steal and/or that he messed up my radio, but what I am implying is that his customer service/communication skills are terrible. :(
I feel like anyone could create dummy account and spam email techs to death to ruin the process they use to communicate, when you get this busy it's time to hire someone to build a website to filter the request's and spam, to become more efficient.

Honestly he is one the best techs in the country that you will find who accepts mail-ins.
I think this is why he is so darn busy, plus he does other things and has a life.

I think a simple website where the customer has a login and account to contact Mike through P.M.'s, he can filter the registration process to filter out the non-sense contacts and non business related things.

He could pay someone to manage it!

Last edited:
"Every minute I work on this crap I lose money."
With that attitude they won't last long. Working for yourself is hard and trying to do it as a "hobby" is worthless. A commitment needs to be made at some point to either S*** or get off the pot. If you have enough biz to complain about then you have enough to go full time at it but you have to change the way you live. If going full time is not an option then learning the word NO is and refuse work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.