• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile HF Antennas

He made a nice understandable presentation and me not knowing better could've sworn he knew what he was talking about. I do have questions as to why he used a capacitance tuner in one setup and the inductance tuner in the other setup.
He didn't drop his 259 as hard as the other equipment. Maybe he has nicer stuff and that was old stuff he used for the video.
I'm still wondering why he was against the light bar mount though. :blink:

Last edited:
He makes a good presentation, he knows how to present information in a manner that is easy to follow. Then again, that's the business he's in, so I would expect him to do it well.
I think that parts of the information presented isn't exactly 'wrong', but it's certainly not exactly 'right' either. For instance. A 'light-bar' is a no-no, but mounting an antenna on the lower part of a 'roll-bar' is okay? I also think that the presentation was too 'inclusive', would have been 'better' if each installation was dealt with separately from start to finish, sort of.
I didn't have any problem following his presentation but I would have made exceptions to one or two 'parts' of that presentation, if it were me doing it. I figure that's about normal. His experience and my experience are certainly not the same, so there's always going to be some 'differences', you know.
All in all, not bad for a very basic explanation of what mounting an antenna is about.
- 'Doc

And then, he didn't have Kenwood equipment so why would you expect it to 'perfect'?

I did learn about the RG-174 somewhat and got to see a Diamond mount mounted and got to see the MFJ-259 in operation. He got the antennas adjusted to 50 ohms and then adjusted the whip insert for resonance for a particular frequency.
I was trying to look for some funny ones of him but no deal yet.
By the way , who is Gordon West?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.