• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mongoose 450 channel mod

Mongoose

Mar 11, 2009
Warren, Michigan
I have a Mongoose 450 that has the channel mod done to it.. My question is this, how do I put it back to just 40 channels. Seems that the uppers and lowers are controlled by the dimmer control knob. Thanks in advance.

Mongoose

Hey Mongoose...

The channel mod is very easy on this thing.. If you remove the speaker side cover, look to the left side of the pc board (with the radio front facing you).. mounted to the board you will see 2 white jumper blocks and 1 brown one... Slightly to the right of there, you will see 2 more white jumper blocks and 1 brown one.. the jumper blocks are set to where they only plug in correctly... Move the 3 sets of jumper wires to the other 3 sets of blocks, then the dimmer control will work for high/med/low

Here is a link to the conversion.. the picture isn't that great, but if you can't get it let me know and I will take pictures of my actual radio for you.

/http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rebel/tx500/graphics/rebel_tx_500.pdf (remove the / before http to make the link live. At the site I moderate at, live links to other websites are not allowed)

Last edited:
Hey, no problem.

I saw in another thread that you had gotten a mongoose that had transmit problems? was it this radio that you are using now? If so... what did the transmit problem turn out to be?

I have 2 Mongoose radios. 1 works great and 1 does not transmit. If you key up the meter goes up a little and the to zero and zero watts during key up. Not sure what it is yet but still playing around with it.

Hey man... that is IDENTICAL to the problem I'm having with mine.

I have been fighting a futile battle to find service information or even a readable schematic for that radio, but the good news is I do have a new oscilloscope on the way that hopefully will aid me in tracing down the problem.

If you find the solution, let me know.. I will do the same if I get mine working first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.