• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

more shifty ebay shenanigans

They are becoming a huge ripoff.
I often wonder how many list stuff at too low a price n bid on their own stuff.
I ran a radio from $5. To its value n quit,same bidder was ahead of me every bid OUTBIDDED. Then it was relisted by seller when auction ended.
Ebay needs to moniter stuff closer.

Cant be any worse than the local hamfest.walked in the bCk entrance and glad i did. $10 to go in front door.seen mostly old tattered junky radios way over priced.very few newer radios .i walked all the isles of plunder n left

i have problems with ebay like everyone else.
I buy and sell electronic equipment on there and have for years, but i am very tired of their fees and biases.

my latest tirade is that they base your sellers fee off of the amount the item sells for AS WELL AS THE SHIPPING COST!!!

so if you sell a heavy item, ebay charges you more. total BS IMO.

then again, where else am i going to be able to buy a tektronix 2215 for 20 bucks, recap the power supply and have a perfectly working scope.

they have the numbers damnit!
LC
People used to sell an expensive item for .99 cents, then make shipping outrageous. The shipping was enough to cover the real price of the item, but they only paid a fee based on .99 cents. Was that way for years. Many Asian sellers still do this.

Cant be any worse than the local hamfest.walked in the bCk entrance and glad i did. $10 to go in front door.seen mostly old tattered junky radios way over priced.very few newer radios .i walked all the isles of plunder n left

Yes, eBay ruined Hamfests. Kinda can't blame them. Dude's score a deal then run to eBay and double their money.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Since we're bashing eBay let me add another. Few years back I sold a sport bike on there. Got a good, but not crazy, price for it. The buyer sent me an email TELLING me to deliver the bike all the way across the state we lived in by the following night, alone, at night, to a high crime area. The auction clearly said you pick up or arrange shipping. I relisted the bike and that buyer had a big moving truck show up in a couple days. Funny part is that guy asked me if I had a helmet that would fit him. I asked him if he had ever ridden a tweaked Hayabusa and he said nope. I have no doubt that bike killed him.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Usually use ebay to shop for prices, never have used the system they have. If I see something I want, I check to see if seller lists his information (address, telephone). I call them. If no direct connection and just a blind business I wont even bother.

Unfortunately, I had a bad deal with a company which I found online (Not ebay). Called and ordered parts, guy took my order, card numbers, and information. Still no parts. I ordered July 10, 2018. Have called, emailed, and no response. Later found them listed on ebay. Funny they had all good reviews, but no direct contact information.

The company was PALCO ELECTRONICS!
It's been a month and a half. They refuse to answer or respond to email.

Respectfully,
Redbeard

Usually use ebay to shop for prices, never have used the system they have. If I see something I want, I check to see if seller lists his information (address, telephone). I call them. If no direct connection and just a blind business I wont even bother.

Unfortunately, I had a bad deal with a company which I found online (Not ebay). Called and ordered parts, guy took my order, card numbers, and information. Still no parts. I ordered July 10, 2018. Have called, emailed, and no response. Later found them listed on ebay. Funny they had all good reviews, but no direct contact information.

The company was PALCO ELECTRONICS!
It's been a month and a half. They refuse to answer or respond to email.

Respectfully,
Redbeard
Call eBay they will refund your money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.