• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Morse code

Ok, I watched some YouTube videos on FT8CN. It does require a portable radio or your KK2 to interface with. This will work for portable operations like POTA,SOTA, etc.

As for true remote operation to your home station which I was looking for, There would have to be a dedicated FT8 remote /server client which nobody has developed yet.

I do see programs like RemoteTX and a few others that can be configured to work, but I think Team Viewer would be the way to go because all my auto-logging and other software will be running along with WSJT-X and I can see it.

Thanks for the information and I'll let the thread continue...

As for true remote operation to your home station which I was looking for, There would have to be a dedicated FT8 remote /server client which nobody has developed yet.

Any rig that supports full remoting capabilities on modes such as CW will support FT8 with proper remoting software. Icom and Flex support this and Elecraft has announced their beta app will be available early 2024. The rig needs native support for audio over Ethernet and rig control via IP. Keep in mind that the rigs that support this are all high end $$$$.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.